Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HPH -Free Spay & Neuter for Feral Cats
Cats do not have a right of appeal. if a cat is caught, it is by virtue of not being on its owner property or not having a collar and tag, a stray cat. They can be whacked and thrown in the dump along with someones leftover turkey carcass.

If a cat is found with a tag, then the owner would pay a fine which would offset the cost of trapping and disposal.
a 50.00 fine will buy 2500 rnds of .22 caliber ammo. this ain't rockets science. ya just gotta have people with the huevos to implement it.

Personally I will endeavor to catch and kill all feral animals that happen on to my property.

Humanly, but with extreme prejudice.
quote:
Originally posted by esnap

Cats do not have a right of appeal. if a cat is caught, it is by virtue of not being on its owner property or not having a collar and tag, a stray cat. They can be whacked and thrown in the dump along with someones leftover turkey carcass.
That's actually not true. You can kill it if it presents an immediate danger to life and property, but not simply because its walking on your property. The compete outline of the law was discussed on the chicken catching and releasing topic.
On my property, I make all laws.
It may not be legal in some whacked out lawyered up pseudo-free world for others but, if the powers that be don't like it then then can come and get me. (I suggest they bring some food, lots of ammo and a change of clothes, cuz it'll be a while}
If you are willing to surrender your rights to be free then knock yourself out.
I will never file an affidavit to kill and ant, roach ,cat, chicken,dog,pig,or ANY predator that I deem a threat to my hearth and home.

Come on people stand up! Drop the tofu and and fight.
quote:

On my property, I make all laws.
So if you're on someone else’s property, a store, a parking lot, their driveway and for whatever reason the owner of the property decides to just blow your head off, that would fall under your Oh Well – Their Property – They Make The Laws scenario? Does that philosophy apply to all laws or just some?

quote:

If you are willing to surrender your rights to be free then knock yourself out.
I thought surrendering freedom was to throw the laws out or only obey those a person wants to and make them up as we go, just like Al Qaeda does everyday. You’re not saying that’s the right way? For some reason picking and choosing which laws to follow reminds me of the kid on the playground who makes up the rules when they are losing so they don’t have to face their own ahort comings.
Yep that's about the size of it.
People that run businesses (as I do) tend not to whack their customers, as it is bad for business mostly. But private property to me is a different thing and it is absolutely sacred.

One should give the interloper the chance to advance and be recognized, that is common courtesy.

And please know that I abhor the rogue and the bully, for I am a staunch defender of everyones individual right to live in peace.

I don't let people tread on me or the defenseless.

God bless Joe Horn.
I have already expressed my views on feral cats and TNR programs on the Feral Animals thread in the Farming and Gardening forums. In short, there are two possible conditions. First is that the neutered cat colony cats are the majority of the cats in the environment. If so, removal of the animals from the environment would result in a useful reduction in predation. In other words, killing them would work.

The other possibility is that the cat colony cats make up only a small percentage of the cats in the environment. Killing these cats would not make a difference. Leaving them (sterilized) in place to die from attrition would make even less of a difference. By definition, these relatively pampered favorite cats are excluding, rejecting, out-competing, and beating up on the majority of feral cats whose numbers are then held in check by a host of nasty symptoms of being on the losing end of a fight for their lives against better fed adversaries. This must necessarily be the intent of the those who advocate TNR programs, for they are the very ones who argue that feral cats are too numerous for removal to make any headway. Too numerous to remove? Too numerous to care for.

I love cats. They have a kind of sensual lethality about them that people like to identify with. My brother's family has had cats for years. One got hit by a car. The next one drank antifreeze and spent a few hours in agony before I had him put down. Now they have indoor cats.
It makes an interesting question: If you have gone to the trouble to catch a pest, do you have any responsibility to not re-release said pest just as one has the responsibility to not release a pest in the first place, or is it more significant that the pest would have been there all along without you and you didn't make things any worse? Personally I think that once caught, you have the opportunity and obligation to not release a pest. If you are so irresponsible as to claim your actions make no difference, then you should not be messing with the problem in the first place.

The Hawaii angle is that we have so many endangered species who are so vulnerable to cats. If anybody was to take a hard line it should be Hawaii.
HPH and Advocats (http://www.advocatshawaii.org/) are just two of the many rescue groups that are giving a voice to the animals and trying to stop animal cruelty on this Island!!!

If anyone is interested, read Reverence for Life by Dr.Albert Schweitzer.

Article from (http://www.reuters.com/article/pressRele...20?sp=true)

As to an Australian experiment gone very wrong, a reminder there are consequences to every action!
(http://www.britishecologicalsociety.org/...recent.php)
When I handed several feral tom cats over to the Humane Society I basically deferred to them the future of the animals. For my part I considered them unadoptable and somewhat dangerous animals. If H.S. was able to neuter and find a home for any of them then great. If not and it was decided to put them down humanely then I am comfortable with that decision. I am not in the best position to gently put an animal down and have no desire to make any of them suffer and I consider H.S. to be much more aware and knowledgeable than I on the topic.

I am grateful for the Humane Society and what they do.
Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator
In response to those who think eradicating the cat population on the island is the easiest and best course of action I say this;
You will have to start with the human population first. We are the ones that take the animal and then when we get tried or are just to lazy to take care of it, so we dump it. Yeah that is the animals fault. Has nothing to due with the human who now has decided they no longer want the animal and are to lazy to find a home for them. So they head on down to the dump and do what they do best dump their problem. Stop blaming the animals and start taking responsibility. Maybe and I know this is a real jump but why don't we try to act like what we say we are HUMAN BEINGS, and if you don't know this human is humane with an e at the end. HUMANE: having kindness,sympathy, tending to refine or civilized.