Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pointless thread
... for him was to capitulate to Corporate greed. So sad ...really Auwe!!!
- Kealoha Pisciotta

Ige is a corporate puppet and has acted as such in 2015... Is Kealoha wrong? - dakine

First, I'm assuming the specific corporation Kealoha refers to in her comment is the TMT, because the TMT is what she was writing about on in her reply to Ige. If that is the case, then I would ask two questions:
1) what type of corporation is the TMT legal structure, and
2)what is greed?

The TMT Corporation is NONPROFIT: The nonprofit TMT Observatory Corporation was founded in June 2003 by its partners: the Association of Canadian Universities for Research in Astronomy (ACURA), the University of California (UC), and the California Institute of Technology (Caltech).

Definition of Greed:
noun 1. excessive or rapacious desire, especially for wealth or possessions.

Is Kealoha wrong? Well, I guess that depends on whether you can put together the non-profit TMT with greed. Oh, I know it can be done, but I'd like to hear an explanation about a greedy telescope in a way that is both factual and honest. And not just that it's big, and to be located on Mauna Kea, as 30 meters is not excessive if that is the design specification, and siting it on Mauna Kea cannot really be called a rapacious desire for wealth.

"How we spend our days is, of course, how we spend our lives." -Annie Dillard
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
The state deliberately inserted countless loopholes in the permitting process explicitly for the purpose of enabling fringe elements to endlessly litigate the process. Then their own lawyers got lost in the complexity of the process and did not follow it. This is a tragic farce. Brilliant, dedicated and principled people stand ready to build something that will elicit wonder for all time, and they are prevented from doing so by people whose great contribution to human civilization is to be able to find their mouth with a spoon and find the number of a lawyer in the phone book.

---------------------------

You can't fix Samsara.
I'm assuming the specific corporation Kealoha refers to...

maybe your assumptions are wrong?
maybe your assumptions are wrong?

Based on Kealoha's statement in context, I think my assumption is correct:

From Kealoha Pisciotta
I just heard the Mr. Ige's (Governor) speech on the radio where he affirms "his" commitment to the TMT. It made me feel kind of sad (for Him) in that the take away from 2015 for him was to capitulate to Corporate greed. So sad ...really Auwe!!!

She's not talking about corporations in general, she's talking about Ige and the TMT in the year 2015, specifically.

What do you think she meant?

"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
clearly she said

he affirms "his" commitment to the TMT.

and in another sentence not directly related to the TMT at all:

the take away from 2015 for him was to capitulate to Corporate greed

Methinks you're just chasing shadows
popcorn! please!!!!

Cheers,
Kirt
and in another sentence not directly related to the TMT

One sentence right after another, in the same paragraph, and they are completely unconnected? Then you do agree with my observation (above) that protesters can barely string together two related comments or sentences in a row*:

computers that can organize... information... faster than a human brain, in a way that sentences penned by the protesters can only hope to manage for a moment or two at best. If the anti-TMT comments on this thread are any indication, even that isn't often the case.**

* Butter for the popcorn
** And salt

"Really? Capitulate to Corporate greed? I wonder which corporate gas company Kealoha uses when she fills up the tank of her car to drive to anti-TMT protests? Or what about when she goes grocery shopping? How many items in her cart are manufactured by corporations, who's greed she supports daily by purchasing their products for breakfast, lunch, and dinner."

I wonder which corporate brand she funds when she buys her cigarettes? Last time I saw, which was a few months ago, it was Benson & Hedges. Many of her cigarette butts littered the "sacred" summit for years, but I guess that's just fine if you call yourself a protector.
The state deliberately inserted countless loopholes in the permitting process explicitly for the purpose of enabling fringe elements to endlessly litigate the process.

That seems to be exactly how things are done here; I've seen County pull this one too.

My current theory: it's some kind of perverse growth management posture, because otherwise people would start noticing the lack of services -- if you feel lucky to finsh your project at all, you're less likely to complain about the infrastructure.
Occam's razor suggests something else. Complete and utter incompetence.