Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Topless in HI?
quote:
Originally posted by MarkD

But it is a major distraction. And to some men, arousal. Don't we have enough problem with men getting aroused and acting poorly??

Not sure we should link sexual harassment incidents to women's clothing choices, or lack thereof. Besides, those are occurring at the office, not the beach.

And remember, not many women really look like Victoria's Secret models. For every one that may "arouse" you, please estimate the number of "boner killers". [:X]

I happened to read this comment today by Ethiopian philosopher Zera Yacob, born in 1599 after he married his wife Hirat, who was a servant and may or may not have been topless depending on the weather:

Hirut, he wrote: ‘was not beautiful, but she was good-natured, intelligent and patient’. Yacob cherished his wife’s intelligence, and he stressed their mutual and individualistic love for one another: ‘Since she loved me so, I took the decision in my heart to please her as much as I could, and I do not think there is another marriage which is so full of love and blessed as ours.’

"Enlightened statesmen will not always be at the helm." -James Madison, The Federalist Papers, 1787
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
If you grew up somewhere where bare breasted women was a common sight, you would neither be distracted or aroused by it. Do the men on the Pacific islands, in Africa, or France get aroused when they see it? I doubt it and they are "wired" no differently from any other men. Maybe what we need is to have boys exposed to to this from an early age. That way when they become men they won't get a hard on every time they see a topless woman.

Why would these same men find the sight of an elderly topless woman disgusting or repulsive? That's cultural too. In Asian cultures this is not the case at all.
Bystander, I tried self-innoculating as you suggested all through my youth, but it doesn't seem to have helped!
Exactly randomq, because we're wired to it. I was exposed to many bare breasts as a youth, my parents went nude often and sometimes we would go places where others did. It didn't desensitize me, all it did was make me want to see more breasts. If I were a boy again I know I would quickly vote yes to Bystanders new rule of exposure in order to change future American men. It wouldn't work on me.
While in Hilo today on Lama St near Railroad - a rather rotund local wahine was topless on her riding lawnmower as we drove by.My great grand daughter pointed her out to me as i was driving and needed to pay full attention with traffic on a friday afternoon.We circled back and yes lo n behold - a 50 something local wahine was indeed on her riding lawn mower and apple ear buds in her ears,multi tasking top less enjoying the late afternoon winter rays .
Mrs.Mimosa
quote:
Originally posted by ElysianWort

Exactly randomq, because we're wired to it. I was exposed to many bare breasts as a youth, my parents went nude often and sometimes we would go places where others did. It didn't desensitize me, all it did was make me want to see more breasts. If I were a boy again I know I would quickly vote yes to Bystanders new rule of exposure in order to change future American men. It wouldn't work on me.

In some cultures, all the women are topless all the time. From pre-teen girls who's breast are just starting to show to old grandmothers who's breast are sagging down to their waists. You're telling me the men in these culture would feel the same kind of arousal you do at this everyday sight? That's kind of ethnocentric.

Interesting article on the subject. Especially the trans woman who was arrested for showing her breasts, and then thrown in a male prison because she was still legally male.
https://www.bustle.com/articles/61199-ho...ready-knew
quote:
Btw to answer the OP, toplessness for women is completely legal in Hawaii. The genitals need to be covered though.
Thanks to bystander for validating this Youtube video. Because in Hawaii I've never seen a topless woman in public places (including all beaches except Kehena and Little Beach on Maui), I didn't believe the video.
Occasionally women in Waikiki do. I don't go there but some friends have said they've seen women without their tops. A few years ago somebody made some videos about it because some cops had cited people for it despite it being legal.
https://vimeo.com/betopfree