Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When and WHERE will it pop up next? Guesstimates
Open-d: "BTW, no children should reside in the ERZ, as they are too young to decide, and have a future to consider."

What? It's not as if their lives are at risk. Lava comes, the children move along with their family out of the eruption zone. (I hope you are not offering the safety fanatics' tiresome argument that lava activity is a significant threat to life, like fire and tornadoes.)

Their future? That will be decided by them getting an education and making their own lives. It won't depend on whether they live with their parents in a house in the lava zone for the rest of their lives.

Lava takes their parents' home and possibly harms their economic future?

How does banning children help this? You would want to ban both the parents and the children, so the parents won't lose an asset their children will inherit. To follow suit, we need to ban all people with kids from living in tornado alley and fire-prone California suburbs.
Lava takes their parents' home and possibly harms their economic future?

They can just get insurance for that, though. Right?
Open-d says:
not 4-footed lawn mowers.

Sure, in Puna, where most people mow their "lawn" with a week wacker.
I think I've figured it out. There must have been an article in Troll Monthly, titled:

Worst Places To Live Without A Bridge.
#1 - Puna, Hawaii.

And now he just can't help himself.

“What you’re seeing and what you’re reading is not what’s happening.” - President Donald J. Trump, 7/25/18
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
lol - just needs a theme song:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FvcJqcUlYTo
I've been going back regularly to perform maintenance around our property.
The rains have almost completely driven all the glass particles, except for the larger tephra chunks, down into the ground.

I do not walk around the yard barefoot, and never have because of centipedes.
While wearing slippahs, I do occasionally pick up a sliver in the sole of my foot, nothing serious.
We are not in the area where being downwind was the standard condition, our place is still green.
If the rains forecast as coming with Lane arrive, that should almost take care of the problem.
Just make sure they get used to wearing shoes as long as needed to get through the duration of the problem.
A sliver or two and they'll see the logic.
Kids are physically resilient, self repairing and are built low to the ground so that they don't normally have far to fall.

I'll bet you hold your kid's hand or carry it as you j-walk.

- - - - - - - - - - -
Was a Democrat until gun control became a knee jerk, then a Republican until the crazies took over, back to being a nonpartisan again.
This time, I can no longer participate in the primary.
hopefully an eruption never happens again and the volcanoes go dormant Smile

Aloha Smile
Aloha Smile
hopefully an eruption never happens again and the volcanoes go dormant Smile

Might as well exert your good energy and hopes on something more probable.

I think the chances of it going to sleep are like your chances of finding a one ended stick.
@Ironyak lol - just needs a theme song:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FvcJqcUlYTo

I tried loading the link but it was taking awhile so I walked away.

Got distracted with another project and then came back 15 minutes later to find "Dora the Explora" was playing on my computer! WTF?! Was a bit shocking when I saw it because I had forgotten I had loaded Ironyak's link but it did get a laugh.
lol indeed!

edited to add italicizing to differentiate quote ownership
zone 1, then zone 1, then after that, zone 1
Eastern Rift zone is about a 1/2 mile wide it extends from Kilauea all the way to 46 miles out into the ocean off Kumukahi and forms the Puna ridge... with the 3+ mile deep Puna Canyon between it and the Hilo Ridge to the north... (see google earth)

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/ar...7303002762
https://pubs.er.usgs.gov/publication/mf2237
http://www.punaridge.org/
aloha

save our indigenous and endemic Hawaiian Plants... learn about them, grow them, and plant them on your property, ....instead of all that invasive non-native garbage I see in most yards... aloha
save our indigenous and endemic Hawaiian Plants... learn about them, grow them, and plant them on your property, ....instead of all that invasive non-native garbage I see in most yards... aloha
Ok that's pretty smart for the "where" part of it popping up but it's too vague to earn the coveted prize of the cookie and you didn't specify as to the "when" part.