Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hurricane season 2016
quote:
Originally posted by randomq

If wind speeds are 60mph in Hilo, what would you expect up in Kurtistown, same?

I don't know about the wind but the rain is supposed to be greater the higher you are, up to 8-15 inches total for some parts of the Island, depending on how fast Darby moves over us.
Concerned a storm this strong and fast could potentially carry or help spread this ROD fungus up into the volcano national park or worse other Islands like Maui or Oahu? We Watched TS Iselle in 2014 spread this ROD like a wildfire throughout Puna. Iselle happened to stall just 3 miles offshore of Puna for Hours spreading this beetle fungi dust.

Anyone know if storms like these could have the capabilities to carry or spread spores, dust, insects, or birds that could be infected with things like the ROD? If so, How far have storms been known to carry things like dust, or fungi spores?

This article tries to explain the impacts storms can have on dust or spores spreading around the globe.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2009/s...ses-sydney

Puna has Thousands of dead or dying standing Ohia Trees Loaded with Both ROD Spores and Beetle made dust just waiting for a ride. Jmo

P.S. A couple things have recently changed, The first bands of rain from this TS Darby are just now blowing In At 6:30 p.m into Leilani and the dogs are no longer relaxed or playful.
If volcanoes can spew ash clear across the globe.. its safe to say spores can easily be shuttled through the atmosphere.

I read somewhere years ago.. that our upper atmosphere is ' loaded with life' bacteria, spores.. etc.

..And the people bowed and prayed... to the neon God they made...
FYI: (From scanner & East Side Big Island Watch)

HPD making area checks on Flower and Kauai ...... Possible Traffic Hazard, Tree and Power Line's Down (Nanawale)

Additionally, aircraft are assessing the arrivals and departures into Hawai'i. If you have ohana coming or going, please flight watch the flights (per FAA in HNL).

Be safe, all.

JMO.

ETA: Location; Nanawale
Well, we know that Iselle caused RAD - rapid albizia death.
Thanks Tom. I needed that chuckle.
quote:
Originally posted by Kenney

Thanks Tom. I needed that chuckle.

Aloha, Kenny! Be safe, and take good care. [Smile]
RAD..ROD.. oh the humanity.. whats next?

..And the people bowed and prayed... to the neon God they made...
Aloha Opihikau! So glad you're here with us! Mahalo Ke Akua!
Going to believe, have faith and most importantly stay positive in the face of uncertainty. Our Mountains WILL prevail and knock this TS down a few notches as it approaches, Then Darby will take one last gasp before self-imploding before reaching the other islands. Maybe wishful thinking at this point.