Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
OTA TV Channels
No I don't-- sorry!
quote:
Originally posted by HereOnThePrimalEdge

Thanks H22 & macuu222,
H22 - do you have a direct contact for Fox Honolulu engineering dept?

I sent an email to KHON's chief engineer, and he responded within an hour:

Our apologies this has taken so long. There has been limited support by remnants of what remains of the transmitter manufacturer. Support has been very slow and very poor, and their initial diagnosis and replacement module sent did not fix the issue. Our company has decided we need to move on without them, and they have purchased a new replacement exciter, the heart of the transmitter. The exciter has shipped and tracking indicates Friday delivery to Hilo. We hope this will resolve the issue. It may be Monday by the time it gets installed and wired and we know that it resolves the issue. Again, our apologies.
Thanks,
Jerry
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
Thank you HOTPE! It was hell trying to watch the redskin/cowboy game on OTA fox this past Sunday. Eventually, I went out and did yard work. Looking forward to it being up and running come next week. Now if I could only get a consistent signal from PBS Hawaii.
If you have an antenna that is directional, PBS Hawaii has transmitters in 3 locations:
1. Near the airport
2. On the saddle (Mauna Loa side, 2500 ft level)
3. Kulani Cone (requires a re-scan of your TV)
quote:
Originally posted by 2liveque

Now if I could only get a consistent signal from PBS Hawaii.

They must have gotten the replacement part. The 11's are are coming in perfect (finally)
macuu222 - I still have the same problem (weak signal) so don't think it's fixed yet.
Your right Tom...I spoke too soon. Worked great last night till we went to bed and then this morning...nothing.
Without going into a lot of technical discussion, nearly every TV market in the USA is going through complex musical chairs. It's known as a "repack" or "repacking" and is being done to squeeze as many channels and sub-channels into the shrinking amount of spectrum. For those tech nerds who may be interested, simply Google "TV channel repack" and you'll see web-sites (including the FCC) with tons of detail. This repack has been ongoing and will last several more years before it's over and done. The best thing that every OTA watcher must do is a channel rescan. Just plan on doing it once a month and you won't be left out.

Todd
Todd
quote:
The exciter has shipped and tracking indicates Friday delivery to Hilo. We hope this will resolve the issue. It may be Monday by the time it gets installed and wired and we know that it resolves the issue.

Looks like they missed that deadline!
They finally fixed OTA Fox 11.1 and 11.2(right after the World Series finished).