Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Puna Dive Club
I didnt make it down cuz we are fixing the big leak we found in the roof last night in the downpours!

It did up dry and sunny downhere by 11:30 or so......
Hey everyone, I'm responsibe for the cancellation this morning. JM Minica is right. The water and weather conditions couldn't have been more beautiful. It was a missed opportunity and I take full responsibility for it. Yes, I went to Richardsons this morning to let anyone who didn't read the cancellation notice know that we just didn't show up for lack of caring. I personally spent many hours and a good chunk of money trying to put this dive together. Believe me when I say no one is more disappointed than me. I also met Carey and her husband Jim there. When I posted the cancellation, the weather conditions warranted it. I don't know how you folks operate, but I would rather error on the side of safety. Because of the lightening and weather report of adverse atmospheric conditions, I cancelled this dive. And I would do it again if the circumstances were the same. Perhaps if another dive is scheduled, we could make it later in the day so all can make up thier own minds on whether to attend or not. It would give us a chance to see for ourselves how the day was going to be. This is Hilo. Things change in a matter of minutes. So if anyone wants to grumble, then grumble at me. Because it will roll off my back like water off a duck. I believe I made the only call available at the time I made it this morning. I will always make my calls based on safety regarding diving. Chili

We get out of life......What we put into it
Don't worry Chili. We'll get it together eventually. Maybe next weekend.

Chinese curse "May you live in interesting times".
Hey, I for one think it's great of you to take everyones safety so seriously. I hope we give it another go next Sunday, I wouldn't want to see the wind go out of the sails just when this thing is about to take off. After finally having the right conditions to explore outside the rocks at Richardsons, I am totally excited about getting into scuba. It was amazing out there today.
Aloha,
Mark

Count Jim n Carey in for next week maybe (may hafta go to Kona!) Although we had scuba gear, Jim & I paddled around a little because it was so clear & CALM at Richardsons (could actually see the springs clearing the water it was so clear!) Unfortunately had a grant proposal draft to write for nightfall, so could only do one sport.....man for the days of 'nothing to do retirement' (going to school full time & writing grant proposal really sucks the hours out of the day!)
We had the same ughoh feeling last night when the thunder rumbles, but didn't have a lot of rain in Keaau (strange for us!)
Aloha, Carey