Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Don't ask/don't tell (cause and effect)
Mauka, where did I ever say I was uncomfortable around gays?
As I have stated I have no problem with gays in the Military, My post is about one question, among many, that are being looked at; will don't ask don't tell now be will ask and must tell? That question has emerged as a possibility and is being discussed at the highest levels.
Any chance on you providing an honest answer to my question on page 3?

Oink, according to mauka and keaauRich you should be able to have that shower and have no problem controlling yourself, after all homosexual males can take showers with other males (which they are attracted to just like you are attracted to those naked, Puna, Hawaiian women) and have no problems with self control, that's according to Mauka and KaauRich. And by the way Oink while your in the shower go ahead and take a peek as someone mentioned earlier in this thread about a gay man taking a shower with some straights "it's only a look"
Does anyone see my point here?
I think it's time for me to come out too. I'm a lesbian trapped in a man's body! [Big Grin][Big Grin][Big Grin]

Aloha,
John S. Rabi, GM,PB,ABR,CRB,CM,FHS
johnrabi@johnrabi.com
http://www.JohnRabi.com
Typically Tropical Properties
"The Next Level of Service!"
(This is what I think of the Kona Board of Realtors http://KonaBoardOfRealtors.info)
This is what I think of the Kona Board of Realtors: http://www.nsm88.org/aboutus.html

As I mentioned to hawaiideborah earlier, only time will tell if the stats you site for the Canadian military will have any resemblance to our own after the order is given. There is the possibility they may not and that is the reason for the planning discussions.

KeauuRich said "trust me there are plenty of venues to view naked men or woman that do not include being shot at or blown up"...yea like a 30 man berthing compartment on a ship.
The majority of men and women in the military are not in combat situations, they are at bases and ships all around the world.

He also states "knowing exactly who is or isn’t the homo in their midst might actually lessen their anxiety (grin)". That seems to sum up the big disconnect between us right there. There are a lot of people, some at the highest levels, who believe it will have the exact opposite affect and actually increase the anxiety and tension causing low retention and recruitment rates. That possibility has to be honestly looked at and planed for.
Personally I think that focusing on the gay/military issues detracts from the real problem.

It is my belief and expectation that relaxing or removing DADT will not reduce the number of rapes, sexual assaults and other violent crimes against women that occur in the military and on or near our bases around the world and here in Hawaii.
Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator
I agree 100% with that Rob.
Rob, the sad thing is I have had to complete sexual harassment training, as a military member, anually, for 27 years now and still those problems exist.
hawaiideborah, trust me the military plans for every possibility and every scenario, over and over. And their jobs are to make the decisions that turn their beliefs into reality.

And I think if someone has a belief that they are uncomfortable with homosexuality,.....that is probably a fact to them. Yikes Deborah, come on!!

The acceptance of a total lack of privacy is the problem - give a person his or her own shower and bunk with a little privacy like they do in most other military or penal settings and it all becomes a moot point.

All this mass prancing around in showers and facilities is weird and third worldish inmho, yet very accepted in U.S. educational, penal and military settings. Cost or culture?

quote:
Originally posted by mdd7000

Is hawaiideborah now a member of the elusive PunaWeb operating Committee?

What is dat?
Very dissapointing. Yet another thread allowed to go on, despite not being Puna or Hawaii. The thin threads of connection are not significant enough to qualify IMHO.