Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What will you do if/when Ebola gets here?
HIV has been thoroughly tested and it doesn't survive outside of a host for very long. So, it was found out it was transferred by bodily fluid exchange, even saliva to saliva has low transfer rate.

It appears ebola can last several days outside of the host and that it can be transferred through sweat, definitely saliva.

"Mahalo nui Pele, 'ae noho ia moku 'aina" - kakahiaka oli
*Japanese tourist on bus through Pahoa, "Is this still America?*
It's this very notion that Ebola isn't that bad that has brought it inside our doorway. Continued disregard to its contagious nature will allow it to spread around the globe.
Since HIV has become a global issue.... what are the chances that Ebola will no less become just as widely spread if not worse than HIV? They didn't contain HIV and you want us to think Ebola is containable? LOL. Talking about living in deNial.
Ebola is contagious. The question is, how contagious. Is it easily spread by sweat, or saliva? If it is, how many cases of the disease would there now be in West Africa, where it is hot, and people often sweat, or spread by bush stores, food wagons and restaurants that would be shut down in America due to lack of sanitation? Don't you think there is plenty of saliva to go around on plates, glasses, knives & forks that are most likely improperly washed, or maybe not washed at all?
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
i fear the only thing that has spread out of control in this hemisphere today is hysterical amateur speculation.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ebola_virus_disease
I fear nothing with regard to the Ebola issue, I do however refuse to pretend it's nothing to be concerned about. Don't mistake concern with fear and hysteria. Apathy is worse than hysteria when it comes to Ebola.
The 2014 Ebola outbreak began on Dec 28, 2013
Incubation period is 8-10 days, occasionally up to 20 days.
Number of worldwide deaths in 9 months is about 7000, almost all in the 3 countries of Guinea, Liberia & Sierra Leone.

If one person infected 2 people every 10 days, you would have 8000 deaths in less than 5 months.
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
Hmmm? 2 people per person every 10 days expressed over 5 months (150 day) with a 60% mortality rate is 2^15 x .6 = 19660.8 yes/no?
Yes, that's right. I only took my calculation into the beginning of the month when it went beyond the total death count to date.