Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cannabis Compassion club/coop for Puna
To my best guess the correct brand name, legally, is cannibis. There is no law concerning "pot" that I know of.

Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator
quote:
Originally posted by bystander

...I'm ashamed to admit this but when I was a kid, we called black people by the "N" word. I don't do that today because I know better now and don't have any prejudice agains black people. Your continued use of the word shows you are prejudiced against cannibis and it's users. Calling people hateful names like "dope smoking potheads" is the same as calling gay people "fags" and "queers".

WTF? Can I put this on Stillhopes Quotes?

I know plenty of people that call themselves dope smoking potheads.

Probably just as many people that call themselves a fag or a queer.

Just the other day, I had someone say this on a comment made on my blog which kind of took me back a step:

"...I myself prefer scoping “eye candy - MEN!!” Yes - I’m a fag..."

I don't understand the stigma that so many people have with name associations now a days.

And just to let you know... I was that "Black People" "Nigger" that you were using the "N" word on when you were a kid. (Payback is a biyatch) [Big Grin]

Still trying to figure out now what is more offensive... "Black People" or "Nigger"?

The term "we called [b]black people" just seems a bit off to me... but that's ok.

I've been called every name in the book.

A dope smoking pothead sounds pretty cool if you ask me in away.

Would someone rather be called a "Stoner"?

Or should we say "Lolo who smoke da Pakalolo"?

How about... He's a "chronic"?

I know plenty of medicinal users that just call themselves "Lucky to be alive" [Wink]

Damon Tucker's Weblog
It seems to me that one important piece of common ground is being overlooked here: Jon believes--albeit for different reasons--that pot ("dope" in his ancient, obscure dialect) should be legalized. I would think that pot proponents would embrace him--whatever his verbiage or political leanings may be.

As for the "name-calling" allegations made above, in the context of this forum the idea of making snippy comments (I'm guilty on occasion) while avoiding outright name-calling is akin to finding a loophole in a contract--you get your sarcastic dig in without officially violating the name-calling rule. I see little difference between name-calling and snarkiness; both belong in the "uncivil" category.

Folks who respect opinions that differ from their own usually get respect in return. (Not always cuz life just ain't that fair.) But it surprises me that someone who dishes out controversial opinions with sarcastic (sometimes political) digs would be surprised when they don't get warm, respectful responses in return.

That said, we're all big boys and girls. Most mature adults can take the sarcasm and name-calling. Just not sure why rational folks would choose it over civil discourse.
Tim

A superior man is modest in his speech, but exceeds in his actions--Confucius
Great, but the masses don't call it that do they? You go to Texas you better ask for weed, or dope, you ask for cannabis and they are going to laugh at you.

but then maybe you don't want masses to know what you are talking about. That way you can tiptoe it through... very sneaky.

But I still can't fine "cannibis" in the dictionary. [Smile]

quote:
Originally posted by Rob Tucker

To my best guess the correct brand name, legally, is cannibis. There is no law concerning "pot" that I know of.

-----------------------------------------------------------
I do not believe that America is better than everybody else...
America "IS" everybody else.
HBAT
The Wilder Side Of Hawaii
Punafish...
I only pull the name calling card out, because it was used on me, and Rob made it clear to me that I should not do that.

Please understand, that I don't care what you call me, there are very few people in this world that what they think of me matters.

As for the "cannibis inhaling panheads" <JOKE>(if you don't get it its not my fault) here excepting me, well, thats OK, I have plenty of them in Texas that do.

HBAT
The Wilder Side Of Hawaii
Damon, I really am ashamed of using the N word when I was kid and I grew up in Hawaii. I remember this one kid who is in prison today that we used to harass and even spit on. I can't help but think the way we treated him had somthing to do with his present situation. I'm sorry too if using the term "black people" offended you.

I'll shut up now before I get called a troll too.
I saw a bumper sticker that said. Man made liquor, God made Marijuana. Who do you trust.
The Monks of Tibet consider It a "Scared Herb".

One Thing I can always be sure of is that things will never go as expected.
One Thing I can always be sure of is that things will never go as expected.
Has anyone noticed that "pot" spelled backwards is "top".

Coincidence?

"In God We Trust" backwards is "Tsurt Ew Dog Ni".

Lee Eisenstein
http://members.cruzio.com/~lionel/event

"Be kinder than necessary, as everyone you meet is engaged in some kind of strudel."
Not, not a troll. It's Crackerass MF.

Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.
Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.
Worst....thread.....ever.