Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
why do we live(or come)here?
808blogger hit the nail on the head for me with number 1. Born and raised here in Hilo. Born in the Hilo Hospital, went to Kapiolani Elementary School, then Hilo Intermediate, then to Waiakea High School.

quote:
Originally posted by 808blogger

I will repost what i said earlier. there are 2 reasons IMHO (i'm NOT the second one)

1. they are from hawaii, with family on this island and need a cheap place to live, since the rest of the state is a lot more expensive than puna

2. they are from some other place and want to live in some imagined bubble universe of "living with the earth" etc (you know the people) .....

We all can get happy in the same pants we got MAD IN!
This is so silly of everyone trying to defend, why we live here,
We are here to be happy in the momemt, for that is all we really HAVE. [Big Grin]
So, get Happy, Life is too SHORT for this non-sense!
whalesong, nicely put.
Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator
BobH, we freed the Filipinos from brutal Japanese conquest and gave them their independence. This is why they're some of the happiest people, and why we remain allies.
Amazing the way things turn out sometimes. 2000+ reads, a bunch of craziness and it ends up with people giving heartfelt reasons for being here. The whole reason I started this topic was to hear from others who I didnt know, to give me some insight to their feelings about Hawaii. My decision to stay or leave is mine and mine alone. I seldom anymore come across people saying, "This is why I moved here!" That was my main decision for starting the topic.

Sorry.... well not so much, to all those who feel I had the power to exclude them. Just a mere request was all it really was.

Thanks to kani-lehua for seeing and commenting about me NOT negatively commenting on Glens previous posts. Again, I thanked him for sticking to my question regardless of his age, race or gender. Thanks to everyone else who kept to the topic. And see, it really wasnt that hard to do now was it?
I believe the "30" and "wrong choice of words" causing tension was already cleary established but thanks for re-re-pointing it out.
islandlvng

I do apologize for my accusing you of bashing Glenn's post.. As for the rest of the thread I just looked back at it and you came here with one of the most negative post I've seen, and you got a negative thread. Good job.

Blessings,
dave

"It doesn't mean that much to me.. to mean that much to you." Neil Young

Blessings,
dave

"It doesn't mean that much to me.. to mean that much to you." Neil Young

Every complaint or concern, rather, that I had mentioned has been brought up and discussed here before as being a problem. Ok when 40+ year olds talk about it, but a 30 year old who knows nothing? I've clearly stepped on toes by trying to target a specific age range in an open forum. I will search for a site where there are more folks my age.

And yes, I did get upset with being told I offended someone when I did not mean to in any way. I also got upset being told I was trashing on someone that I in no way shape or form did, and had to be pointed out by someone else before an apology was issued.

I feel my thread was hijacked with someone being offended and it drew away from MY QUESTION for a very long time. The issues I complained about are issues in our community that we are faced with every day. My intention was to get feedback, not be dragged through dirt.

Enjoy your punaweb all, this young buck is moving to different grounds. Aloha
The old farts killed it. I share your demographic. Slightly older but not much
Old or young,it's about the ability to express yourself.
The same topic is right next,totally different outcome.