Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Check out one of my side projects.
An improvement in your ability to handle constructive criticism might go a long way for you.
Think about it.
quote:
Originally posted by mdd7000

An improvement in your ability to handle constructive criticism...

I have never known criticism to be constructive
I think the site can best be used for e.g. sharing a photo here on Punaweb.
Or a short video clip. Put it hawaiifreestorage, provide a link, and that's it.

It's not a place for backups or secure storage; like any website it could be gone tomorrow.
Wink

however i don't intend for this to go away.

I'm curious about your choice of the "example" photograph linked in your original post. It seems to me something more family oriented, like a child in a field of wildflowers, or such, would be a more effective promotional tool for a photo storage service.

Good luck.

Stoneface
Humor, as far as i was aware we are all adults here and that was not "NSFW"

quote:
Originally posted by EightFingers

Be aware of copyright law violations when you partake of the file sharing part of this. I guess memories of Napster are short-lived......

quote:
Originally posted by 808blogger
@EightFingers i guess you dont use the internet much....

808, I don't understand your rationale behind the above comment. The content providers will go after you and your site if you are hosting copyrighted material. Have you heard of the DMCA ?
quote:

stay classy punaweb.

This the best comment in this thread. I guess you saw Anchorman Smile
yes a take down notice is issued to isp's from the complaining party and you comply, its pretty basic.

quote:
Originally posted by Aaron S

quote:
Originally posted by EightFingers

Be aware of copyright law violations when you partake of the file sharing part of this. I guess memories of Napster are short-lived......

quote:
@EightFingers i guess you dont use the internet much....

808, I don't understand your rationale behind the above comment. The content providers will go after you and your site if you are hosting copyrighted material. Have you heard of the DMCA ?

BTW the limit has been increased to 300 megs per file. We have implemented some "pre baked" directory structure also, and don't forget you can right click and search.