Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
separate laws for each race?
I am sorry but can you please provide factual evidence of this random claim. Also i dont recall any peaceful signing up for the constitution, If reading the letter the queen wrote, it looks like it was done at the barrel of the gun.

The question is on "seperate laws for each race" and I would argue that, i cant possibly see how the laws of america came to jurisdict over the people of these islands, other than "We say so cause we came here with more guns than you". what is the real issue is why do people want to continue to defend theft, because its theft under an american flag? if the american flag was removed from this argument the ENTIRE situation would be different. this is really a debate over "american exceptionalism" but nobody will come out and say it straight.

quote:
Originally posted by HiloHaole

The Constitution gives Indian tribes special recognition and does not give Native Hawaiians special recognition is the overriding issue.

Ummm. much if not most of the USA was stolen at one level or another. Historically, we are guilty of this action over and over. The question is can the wrong be righted? Probably not to everyone's satisfaction, and certainly not maintaining the USA as an entity.

The reality of today outweighs the desires based on yesterdays. If the USA pulled out of Hawaii tomorrow, someone like North Korea would be here, guns in hand and violently overtaking this population. Who would be responsible then? America would be slammed throughout the world for poor judgement and insight.

Much like the slavery issue... yes, your great grandfather was abused by my great grandfather. However, the sins of the father are not visited on the son. We look at today, work together for equality of individuals and not races.

Okay, so it's another of my whacky opinions, there it is.

Smile

I want to be the kind of woman that, when my feet
hit the floor each morning, the devil says

"Oh Crap, She's up!"
I want to be the kind of woman that, when my feet
hit the floor each morning, the devil says

"Oh Crap, She's up!"
so claims go invalid over time because the "Reality of today"? then the claim of the constitution itself should be brought into question.

you are making the argument coming from the power holding position, making no effort to understand the other side.

The few that organized the coup were mostly non-Americans. Some were even of Hawaiian citizenship. There were more Europeans than Americans in that small group. The troops came on-shore, ostensibly, to protect Americans after being asked by the couple of Americans in the group and after being told that plans were made for a coup. The protection of Americans in foreign lands have, since the country's inception, been a policy of our country. No American troop fired a shot. The troops stood on the street corners. The presence of the troops, most certainly, intimidated the Queen to abdicate her throne. I say let's give the country back to the "real" Hawaiians -- the ones that were here before the Tahitians came and conquered the "real" locals. Why stop at the people who conquered the earlier people? (By the way, the "Constitution" is the US Constitution that specifully mentions Indian tribes as an entity with special rights, not the Hawaiian Constitution.)
Didn't Hitler attempt to make different laws for different "races"? Didn't work out too well for millions.
So much for diversity, being 'color blind', and the supposed post-racial era that we were told we are in. Everything goes back to race when there is something to get out of it.
you can make it about "race" but it more about the law and legal precedent imho. I am not hawaiian nor part of their movement.

quote:
Originally posted by ric

So much for diversity, being 'color blind', and the supposed post-racial era that we were told we are in. Everything goes back to race when there is something to get out of it.

hmmmmm tragic the way happened. was it wrong what happened hell yes it was. can it be changed, of course not we can not change what was done unless you can change time. Should we as a country do something about it..... I feel we should.

THink about this.... what if we went to another country and did the same thing again like Taiwan, Philippines, or any other country and we said it is for the best for all of you and since we are the strongest we can get away with it... would it be right?

In my opinion it would not. Just think of it being done in current times would you still feel the same way. Taken/Stolen away is still taken/stolen away.........

I know you are listening, did you hear me?
"Manifest Destiny" has victimized many more cultures than Hawaii; True dat, but here we are, and Western culture is not without "Mana".

I think the best scenario for Hawaii is a combination of American individual freedoms and indigionous stewardship of the Aina. Souvernty is economic self sufficiency. Make it and grow it here.

Mathmatics demand that the Hawaiian "blood quantum" become more and more diluted.(Are pure hawaiians only marrying pure Hawaiians?) Race will become less important. It is up to all races to perpetuate the Hawaiian culture.

Stoneface
Title 45 CFR Part 1336.10
Native American means American Indian, Indian, Native Hawaiian, and Alaskan Native, as defined in the Act.