Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tsunami Alert - Friday 2/26/10
Hi everyone.. haven't been on for a while and not sure if all my old friends are still on.. but just wanted to wish you guys the best and please, please be safe. I hope to see a thread started for updates if anything where to happen. Stay safe all and best of luck to all! xoxox

Lenny
Lenny
HILO, Hawaii (AP) — Waters have begun receding off the shores of Hawaii in what appears to be the first sign of a tsunami.

The tsunami began affecting Hilo Bay on the Big Island just before noon local time. Water began pulling away from shore, exposing reefs and sending dark streaks of muddy, sandy water offshore. That is usually an indication of the wave building strength before coming ashore.

The tsunami raced across the Pacific Ocean in terrifying force after the magnitude-8.8 quake hit Chile. Officials in Hawaii had ample time to get people out of the potential disaster area, and thousands were evacuated.

hope everyone is safe....
KITV in Honolulu has had a citizen report from HPP of looting in the evacuated shoreline area. No specific location or official confirmation was given, although the citizen stated that police had responded. I hope this is not true, or not widespread if it is.
KITV just said Hawaii County police just called and said they caught a burglar on 8th in HPP who had been burglarizing houses that were evacuated earlier.

Carol
Carol

Every time you feel yourself getting pulled into other people's nonsense, repeat these words: Not my circus, not my monkeys.
Polish Proverb
The 4th' wave is coming into Oahu ... looks like life is going to go on in hawaii. Smile
quote:
Originally posted by csgray

KITV just said Hawaii County police just called and said they caught a burglar on 8th in HPP who had been burglarizing houses that were evacuated earlier.

Carol

That's odd... 8th was NOT evacuated.
Evacuation was from 2nd on down to the coast...

James Weatherford, Ph.D.
15-1888 Hialoa
Hawaiian Paradise Park
We just now heard this was happening! Hope everything turns out OK!
We're watching it on television right now.
Puna: Our roosters crow first
I'm thinking they caught up with the guy on 8th but he did his dirty work lower down. Or the news people got the streets wrong.

Carol
Carol

Every time you feel yourself getting pulled into other people's nonsense, repeat these words: Not my circus, not my monkeys.
Polish Proverb
http://www.ustream.tv/hitsunami
We've been watching the action on Hawaii News NowKHNL live stream video and the action at Coconut Island Hilo Bay has been very interesting. Watching the surges coming in and going out thru the small reefs has been very interesting. Not so powerful, but powerful enough to make you realise that a tsunami can do horrendous damage if it is larger. Due to after shocks in Chile it seems that to me they won't cancel this alert for a while.

mella l

Paris London New York PUNA
mella l
Art and Science
bytheSEA