Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What should I expect?
quote:
Originally posted by Glen

The President went to a Hawaii School. Nuff said.

No comment.[Smile]

Whatever you assume,please
just ask a question first.
Oh this is sort of fun...This is like those things on Facebook where someone comes up with a list of questions designed to elicit things about others the originator of the questions wants to know. I always have fun with my answers.

How plentiful are construction jobs?
What is a job?

What would be the expected hourly pay for a framer or plasterer?
How funny is this? Most people pay to get plastered.

How are the schools? What is the best elementary school? Middle School?
Closed for Summer.

What do the local kids enjoy doing for fun?
Local kids? <-- As opposed to 'un'local kids?

How are the restaurants?
Some open; Some not. Or, as most of us with longevity will say 'Here yesterday. Closed down now.'

Are there any bad parts of Puna?
Um, well, there's Pu'u O'o Vent; a new vent in Halema'uma'u Crater, both vents are cool from a distance but hot has hades up close and personal.

How is the rain for everyday living?
Promotes the lushness which promotes life, nearly every day.

How affordable is everything (food, clothing, utilities)?
Subjectively speaking of course.

Is gas cheap?
Depends. If you buy a tank and make it last all month it can be. Unless of course you were making it last a month already then ..the price has gone up, then down, then up, then down, then????

What is the best beach near Puna for sunbathing and surfing?
Waikiki. There the food, clothing, utilities,gas, schools, rain, and jobs are plentiful and cheap.[fingers crossed behind back]

How welcoming is the community of newcomers?
There is a community of newcomers? I missed that welcome...dang.

Anything I should prepare for that newcomers rarely expect?
Um, with the internet it is hard to imagine being surprised. Perhaps the first thing I'd do is drop the whole 'newcomer' thing. Just come and allow yourself to be awed. I have lived her 2 decades and every day is an awesome day fairly like my first. My first day I took a load of garbage to the dump and came back with a beautiful selection of fragrant and colorful wild flowers growing all about the place. Hardly something I could imagine, most definitely rare and never an expectation. Today all of a sudden a dark cloud built in overhead and heavy downpour just fell for 30 seconds. In it's absence the cool moist air filled the room in which I sat displacing the heat that had built up from the sun. It was a refreshing few moments before it too dissipated. I noticed the entire event and can honestly tell you while it is not rare, it was definitely not expected.

We are a community of neighbors, some of whom are socially active and know lots of people, some are moderately networked through their family and co-workers and a significant selection of us are truly independent going out when necessary, kindly disposed and pleasant to those we see, taking care of business before we return to our special heavenly spot in paradise. I don't know 'new comers' but I know folks who just moved here and their body language is already changing...their shoulders relaxing, their faces smiling, their bodies comfortable with hugs from strangers. Next time we see them, they are doing the same to and with others. If you are meant to be here you will know it first off.

If your questions were sincere, I'd strongly suggest you google the questions you asked here for a cross section of answers. Think 'self sustaining' when picturing life here and your future.

“A penny saved is a government oversight.”
"Q might have done the right thing for the wrong reason, perhaps we need a good kick in our complacency to get us ready for what's ahead" -- Captain Picard, to Guinan (Q Who?)
Ah, we have a new poet: Critterlover. Welcome to the poetry circle. Bang a gong. Best beach -- Waikiki, a mere 45 minutes away. Hilarious! We make me laugh!
I'll have some job openings soon on my gun range/explosive testing area. Bring hearing protection!
Puna: Our roosters crow first
I'm just curious....did anyone ever find out if kjlpahoa is 'actually' emily as so earnestly pursued and suspected? just a thought.

punatheplacetobe......

Your best bet would be to google orchidland and there's plenty of chat on city-data.com about all the subdivisions. Orchidland's nice...join the carpenter's union...otherwise pay fluctuates..get the kids in charter school...kids here enjoy what kids everywhere enjoy...restaurants suck...some bad here like everywhere..rain in orchidland very nice, no muddy feet...walmart crap is affordable...utilities are OBVIOUSLY expensive and so is gas...aw snap..what?...sunbathing beaches?...welcoming...ahhaha...prepare for all of the above.
ROFLOL, Glen... "Nether Crevices" haaa haaa.

Carrie

http://www.sapphiresoap.etsy.com

"Even the smallest person can change the course of the future..." Galadriel LOTR
Carrie Rojo

"Even the smallest person can change the course of the future..." Galadriel LOTR
[quote]Originally posted by mailesomaha

I'm just curious....did anyone ever find out if kjlpahoa is 'actually' emily as so earnestly pursued and suspected? just a thought.

punatheplacetobe......

Wrong!!! I am just a person that has decided it is better to work with the system instead of bitching about it. Emily's office is easy to work with to accomplish your goals. I have discovered that Emily has a big and good heart. More people should try it instead of just sitting back and complaining.
You should really move to Florida.....I have some nice swamp land that you could buy at a very low cost and its way nicer than LA or Puna Smile
The original post can't be serious?
Quinn: They come here looking for the magic, hoping to find romance, when they can't find it anywhere else.

Robin: Maybe they will.

Quinn: It's an island, babe. If you didn't bring it here, you won't find it here.

from six days, seven nights - my all time favorite island quote
Assuming the best: punatheplacetobe is a troll with a great sense of humor.

Assuming the worst: We don't wanna go there do we? LOL
Tim

A superior man is modest in his speech, but exceeds in his actions--Confucius