Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OK, I am now over the rain. Ready for sun.
We've all been spoiled in last 2-3 years - THIS is normal. I guess the drought is officially over. How do you do the sun dance again?
quote:
Originally posted by Kapohocat

We have been getting drenched down here too. Last year rainy season had long passed by now. I try to remember these chilly rainy days when August comes, when it is sweltering at 85 down here.

What, if any, if the diff in weather from kaloli Point oceanfront vs. Kapoho oceanfront? Seems to me it rains a little more in Kapoho? or it could just be the few times I have gone it was rainier in Kapoho than Kaloli Point. Anyone know if there is even a difference between these two areas?
hawaiideborah
I'm kind of happy about the rain coming back. But as Carol mentions, it's harder to deal with when you don't have those beautiful intermittent moments of sunshine (when the sun breaks through and everything green shimmers). For me, now officially a wimpy ex-Chicagoan, the chilly temps are tougher to take than the rain itself. Chilly rain is the worst kind!

In my experience the sun only shines after I do a rain dance--it's kinda like tricking the weather gods with reverse psychology. Smile
Tim

A superior man is modest in his speech, but exceeds in his actions--Confucius
Having lived in both HPP and Kapoho I would say that it generally rains more at Kaloli point. We walk our dogs down there on the cliffs almost daily and far more rain blows through during the day along that stretch of shoreline than we ever saw in Kapoho. I think Cat's two favorite places on the island are also 2 of the driest, Kapoho and Puako.

When we lived in Keaukaha it would be poring in Hilo and clear over at Richardson's. Some places along the shoreline are just drier and sunnier.

Carol
Carol

Every time you feel yourself getting pulled into other people's nonsense, repeat these words: Not my circus, not my monkeys.
Polish Proverb
Kapoho is much drier. Come on by, csgray and hawaiideborah. White buddha. I got KTA cookies.
Kelena,
I have one more week of school until winter break and then I will be so ready to come by and indulge in holiday cheer. The kids are winding themselves up as we wind down. Nobody is quite as bonkers as middle schoolers coming up on Christmas, they go between glee and angst and back in a micro second.

When do you get reunited with your four footed family member? If you need a little puppy love in the mean time, our three would be happy to help. Mercedes will sit on your foot and gaze longingly into your eyes until you remember that people have hands so they can stroke soft furry foreheads.

The punaweb email usually get to me, drop me a line.

Carol
Carol

Every time you feel yourself getting pulled into other people's nonsense, repeat these words: Not my circus, not my monkeys.
Polish Proverb
Carol, they can have some of my rain, I'm wishing for that.

quote:
Originally posted by csgray

I hope the Waimea and Ka'u ranchers are getting some of this rain, they really need it.

Carol

Life goes on, with you or without you.
Peace and long life
ROFLOL Kelena! KTA cookies! hawaiideborah - we moved here from Arizona. It's a beautiful state and not all Africa-hot. The Winters and Summers are awesome. We ride motorcycles and you can't beat the beauty of the red rock canyons and pine country up north. I love Hawaii...but also love Arizona. The desert in Springtime is gorgeous too.

Carrie
Carrie Rojo

"Even the smallest person can change the course of the future..." Galadriel LOTR
Mindy arrives on 12/22. I will no longer be a free man after that! I am a complete slave to my her. Gotta get her used to the rain somehow! She has seen rain maybe 4 times in her life and doesn't like it. Yep, always up to stroke furry foreheads. I love dogs....and I have doggie treats.

Before I left, we had a few rare rainy days in San Diego County. While everyone else ran for shelter, I put a new raincoat (tag still on) on Mindy and took her for a walk in the rain. Here she is trying the raincoat on for the first time and not too happy about it: https://picasaweb.google.com/BennyBurris/December112011?authuser=0&authkey=Gv1sRgCPPa7_vn-PTzBA&feat=directlink

I hope she gets used to it.
Kelena,

The first heavy, winter and summer rain in S.D. always brought about spontaneous, naked runs around our block in Crown Point. Here its routine : )

aloha,
pog