Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OK, I am now over the rain. Ready for sun.
Kelena, maybe she doesn't like PINK!?!?! LOL!

Wherever you go, there you are.
Wherever you go, there you are.
quote:
Originally posted by hawaiideborah

quote:
Originally posted by Kapohocat

We have been getting drenched down here too. Last year rainy season had long passed by now. I try to remember these chilly rainy days when August comes, when it is sweltering at 85 down here.

What, if any, if the diff in weather from kaloli Point oceanfront vs. Kapoho oceanfront? Seems to me it rains a little more in Kapoho? or it could just be the few times I have gone it was rainier in Kapoho than Kaloli Point. Anyone know if there is even a difference between these two areas?

I dont really know, I thought we were drier but this week is that like trying to catch a rain drop? We also are not ocean front, we live back 400 ft and surprisingly it does makes a small difference.
Glen, nice thing about short haired spotted dogs, they do not get soaked & stay soaked... you will come to appreciate old towels, & to have them at all doorways.

Our girl Kiko came to us with many 'issues' & getting toweled off was something that totally freaked her... she now loves it (repeated fun practice.....that is what this weather gives you, lots of time to repeat!)

You most likely will not ever need the raincoat, as I have a sneaking suspicion that Mindy will come to love the rain, esp. if it means great fun quality-time walks....& that means the dog walker has to have fun, too, so go out in swim trunks & a light shirt & have a blast with her... she will come to look forward to these rainy days....
quote:
Originally posted by Kelena....Here she is trying the raincoat on for the first time and not too happy about it: https://picasaweb.google.com/BennyBurris/December112011?authuser=0&authkey=Gv1sRgCPPa7_vn-PTzBA&feat=directlink

I hope she gets used to it.

OMG. She is so cute but does not look happy!! She has that look my cat gives me...

I had a Dalmatian back in the day, very funny dogs! He made me laugh all the time. and gas.... that dog could clear a room no matter how we adjusted or changed his food.
Kelena, I am already in love with Mindy. Is she good with other doggies? My little Paco needs a playmate!
Dalmatians are all weather dogs, they were bred to be carriage dogs who spent their lives running in all weathers behind carriages to warn of highwaymen approaching from behind. That is also why they get a little crazy without enough exercise. That beautiful spotted flat lying coat is all the raincoat she needs. On the other hand, my dogs hate wet muddy feet, Mindy might look fetching in rubber booties.

Carol
Carol

Every time you feel yourself getting pulled into other people's nonsense, repeat these words: Not my circus, not my monkeys.
Polish Proverb
The rain made the headlines of the Hilo paper yesterday, so I guess I was vindicated. It is unusual. Glad for that. It was reassuring to see that the paper thought this was quite an event and had been really raining also.
I'd say when the rain makes headlines in the rainiest city in the US, we are getting rain, folks.[Smile]

todays paper:
Hilo International Airport has received 10-plus inches of rain this month, more than twice last month's total.
hawaiideborah
quote:

The rain made the headlines of the Hilo paper yesterday, so I guess I was vindicated. It is unusual. Glad for that. It was reassuring to see that the paper thought this was quite an event and had been really raining also.
I'd say when the rain makes headlines in the rainiest city in the US, we are getting rain, folks.[Smile]

todays paper:
Hilo International Airport has received 10-plus inches of rain this month, more than twice last month's total.

Must be a slow news day for the HTH. I cant see the today's headlines but is that Nov or Dec you refer to as 2x as much?
2007: Nov.+Dec.= 57 inches. For the year 2007, 198 inches. Almost double of this years total so far; But the year isn't over yet.

Dan
quote:
Originally posted by Kapohocat

quote:

todays paper:

Must be a slow news day for the HTH. I cant see the today's headlines but is that Nov or Dec you refer to as 2x as much?

This is a quote from today's paper, and is on the web site on todays homepage. thus, I would assume they are talking about December as being the current month and November as being last month. [Smile]

Also, must be slow news day both yesterday with the headlines and today with this story...nope, me thinks it is actually news and me thinks this is a lot of rain. Seems like the paper at least agrees enough to make it on the front pages for 2 days now.[Smile]

hawaiideborah