Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paving the wawa
Shoreresident ... My dog reference was referring to a previous waa waa road / dogs and such thread that I think you missed.

shoredweller,
pog
Last week, it didn't look like there was any new paving at all. It looked like grading but it was paving prep. There are long sections now that are paved, about 3 long sections of potholes but nothing major. It appears the paving in sections is what the county recognizes as county roadway. There is solid paving into and out of those sections and road is a quarter as rough as it was just a few weeks ago.
*Japanese tourist on bus through Pahoa, "Is this still America?*
I drove govt road yesterday. As pahoated says, there are new sections of paved areas. It's much much better toward the HS side than it was before. But after some point, don't remember how far in exactly, as you get closer to Kapoho lots of bottomless-pit-like potholes lurk in the shadows. So be careful! The newly paved/filled-in parts of the road tend to lull one into complacency. (Translation: I almost got swallowed up by a couple big ones!) Wonder if they'll go all the way through to Kapoho? Hope at least they fill all the holes.
Tim

A superior man is modest in his speech, but exceeds in his actions--Confucius