Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
google earth/maps update
The image date for our address is still showing 8/26/2009 - on google earth.
HPP - P24 - Jan 2013

http://www.icompositions.com/artists/jlgerk
Try clicking on the historic imagery (the clock button). Sometimes what's shown by default isn't the best or even the most recent image. For example, on the Saddle Road at around 2500 ft elevation it shows a big bank of clouds. Click on the clock, and those clouds aren't on the new picture, or the previous one from 2011 (which was also high-resolution but not displayed by default in some areas); before that there wasn't any image at all. Very weird.
quote:
Originally posted by Cagary

Now instead of driving around trying to find unpermitted structures and other violations, the County Planning and Building Departments can just view them from Google Earth

I can hardly get a county worker to leave their desk and shuffle over to the counter when I need to ask them something. And then the answer is no.
If two or three people went in and requested County Planning & Building use Google Earth to check structures, it would almost guarantee they would never do it.
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
I like the new street view. It has been done since we moved here, but they did not drive up my road. Eden Roc on Google street view. I almost like it.

Peace and long life
Peace and long life
I don't even know what to say...first it's all the choppers up there invading my privacy, and now it's Google. How do we combat this!?!?

I have some new lots and been trying my best to work the land when I can. It appears as if the new Google imagery caught me hand clearing my property line in my thong - it's embarrassing!!

*edited for grammer
I think now would be a good time to go into the Camouflage tarp business. Remember back in World War 2 When they hid a whole airplane production plant?... For example..

http://thebrigade.thechive.com/2011/03/2...-9-photos/
quote:
Originally posted by beejee

I have some new lots and been trying my best to work the land when I can. It appears as if the new Google imagery caught me hand clearing my property line in my thong - it's embarrassing!!

Lol, that's funny. I hope you didn't get a wedgie.
Cagary, the gov'mint agencies already have access to much sharper, newer, more detailed aerial images than those we can see; and we're paying for their access.

I strayed from Hawaii Google Earth to see if Japan's tsunami damage has been updated, and it is sobering to see the widespread "erasure" of everything but foundations.

I found this link for Google Earth Hawaii tsunami overlays here http://productforums.google.com/forum/#!...R00fejHlgJ