Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Poll for Rob ....
I just discovered this forum a few months ago and it has been a great resource for me, especially in the gardening and home area. I love Pog's idea of a "Bicker and Banter" section, as a lot of topics do tend to get contentious. However, that can be pretty entertaining too! I tend to stay away from volatile subjects because I am not sure my tender emotions could hold up to all the vitriol!! Thanks Rob, and keep up the good work!
Rob, this forum gave me so much information about everything under the sun for the Puna area! Thanks for keeping it going.

He who hoots with owls at night cannot soar with the eagles in the morning.
He who hoots with owls at night cannot soar with the eagles in the morning.
quote:
Originally posted by Rob Tucker
[I ask people to use the quote feature sparingly.

I don't think it is used too much, I think it is merely used too carelessly. Taking a moment to edit a quote down to just the specific point needed to understand what you are responding to is simple courtesy.

Like I just did. [8D]

OpenD: Like I just did.
I happen to agree with Rob. Many's the time I see a lengthy quote when the OP is just two above, or even a string of replies quoting the same post in full text, rather than the snippets necessary to make a point, as Open did and I shortened even more with a (very little) cut and paste work.
PunaWeb is the only forum I read, and have done since 05. I find it valuable as a source of information and entertainment, along with the occasional frown and sadness at the animus exhibited by a few.

-dwajs
-dwajs
I now come here to find out "the news" after realizing it took the tribune 3 days to even have ONE story about the double home invasion day.
I've been reading Punatalk daily since moving here several years ago. While I get tired of the postings about guns that creep into every possible topic of discussion, I've learned to tune out the haters and move on to the more thoughtful comments. I appreciate your work, Rob, and I also agree that the quotes should be minimized. Too many quotes = too many pages in a thread, in my opinion. Cut out the quoting and the threads will be much shorter and easier to follow.
Punaweb is a great resource for the area, and I appreciate the light hand Rob uses to guide the discussions here. As Lao Tzu says:

“A leader is best
When people barely know he exists
Of a good leader, who talks little,
When his work is done, his aim fulfilled,
They will say, “We did this ourselves.”
- Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

It's not often Rob steps in to remove or direct a topic, and when he does it seems it's always as a last resort. And I appreciate that.
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
quote:
Originally posted by HereOnThePrimalEdge

It's not often Rob steps in to remove or direct a topic, and when he does it seems it's always as a last resort. And I appreciate that.

If he were to lock this topic would that become a Poll Lock? Sorry.
Thanks to Rob for providing this valuable resource. He has to spend a lot of time moderating.

http://punaweb.org/donations.html
Mahalo Rob.

aloha,
pog
Looks like Rob has repealed the first amendment in an expression of his personal distaste for the 2nd amendment.

ROB = censorship.