Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Threat of Axis Deer on the Big Island
quote:
Parker & Shipman own land (some of which they lease to other ranchers...)

Oh, look, we're right back to "largest landowners making most of the decisions for us".
quote:
Originally posted by Bullwinkle

can see why you need a fire arm - sleep well

LMAOROF - Bullwinkle that was priceless. Why are you threatening to catch my arm on fire when I'm sleeping?

- Armed citizens provide security of a free State.
Not assuming anything.
quote:
Originally posted by jackson

The UN????? "Next you'll tell us about agenda 21." Denying climate change at this point is dangerous folly perpetuated by those who make $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ from oil.

- ASSumption.

"Federal land ownership is concentrated in the West. Specifically, 62% of Alaska is federally owned, as is 47% of the 11 coterminous western states. By contrast, the federal government owns only 4% of lands in the other states. This western concentration has contributed to a higher degree of controversy over land ownership and use in that part of the country"

Hawaii 833,786 4,105,600 20.3%

https://www.fas.org/sgp/crs/misc/R42346.pdf

I would not call 1/5th of the state insignificant in light of the claim made by congress, tu?
I say... Unlimited bag permit on axis deer for bow hunters with a $100 a head State funded bounty on each brought in. Rifle hunters given a 12 count annual permit with no bounty. Only one deer permit type per person annually and no mixed permit types within a hunting party Wink

agreed - if we include a 500$ penalty if one mistakes a cow for a deer.. but you get to keep the meat.....
Bullwinkle, we agree! All Axis Deer permits to be free also with only a requirement that the previous year permit must indicate the number bagged size and sex for that year and turned in order to be eligible for a new permit.

And permit fees should include a fund to pay for car repairs, and medical treatment for drivers involved in accidents with deer on the roads. I lived in a deer state on the mainland - - deer in the headlights, there goes the grill, hood, alignment, and if you're really unlucky, the windshield. It's a guaranteed consequence of letting deer roam. Fences don't work, deer jump 2 or 3 times their height.
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
Dealing with the problem today is far too rational.

Better to wait until the deer ruin farming and ranching, so that those landowners can qualify for fat Federal bailouts...