Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mathematics at Luquins
I see the steak/pasta place in keaau is closed again, guess they could not afford the rent

Apparantly no one can as that space has been empty for awhile.

That's a shame, cause the food was great, prices were reasonable, and they were really nice people.
One of Hokulani's staff said they lost too much money on the bar.

Most of the local places don't taste like Mexican food to me. Rubens and Luqines are bland, and Lucy's salsas don't taste right. Our favorite Hilo Mexican joint is Maui Tacos in the mall.

We used to like Tako Taco in Waimea, but now it's a beer pub. If you don't go for the beer, don't go for the food.

The place in South Kona is good. It's got a woman's name, in the ChoiceMart building. Definitely NOT Senor Billy's across the street!

><(((*> ~~~~ ><(("> ~~~~ ><'> ~~~~ >(>
The steak house the replaced Hokulani didn't have a liquor license, which may have doomed them. The rent in that spot is comparable to Waikiki rents, without the customer base to support the high rent, as long as that is the case nobody is going to make it there.

Carol
Carol

Every time you feel yourself getting pulled into other people's nonsense, repeat these words: Not my circus, not my monkeys.
Polish Proverb
If you want to know how clean a restaurant is just look at the restrooms. Luquins is gross. Poke your head in the kitchen sometime and gander at the floor.
I won't eat there again. Got real sick one time.
One Thing I can always be sure of is that things will never go as expected.

Ditto.
Since they aren't cooking my food on the floor and I don't eat in the restroom,it doesn't bother me.

It would be pretty hard to keep that restroom clean with all the dirty hippies washing their feet in the sink.
The food at Lucy's is okay but the noise is intolerable for more that 30 seconds.
quote:
Originally posted by Carey

Emmas was great for fresh & cost effective Mexican fare (though a limited menu) when it was open in Shipman Park (no-one has fresher tortillas!)

Did Emma's close??? They were there last time I was on the island (2 years ago). Super bummer. My dear friends started the tortilla/salsa factory with their young family back in the 80's and sold it to Emma and her husband when they moved back to the mainland. Best tortillas. Yummy food.