Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HARC soliciting funds
This is truly a "private" sub. div. that the county has refused jurisdiction over.

Exactly my point, and it should include all of planning and building: no permits, no inspections -- not just "letting it slide", but a full written waiver.
quote:
Originally posted by kalakoa

This is truly a "private" sub. div. that the county has refused jurisdiction over.

Exactly my point, and it should include all of planning and building: no permits, no inspections -- not just "letting it slide", but a full written waiver.

If this is true then the "acres" needs to be incorperated thus allowing for its own permiting department,and road/public works/billing depts. and allow for the acres to have its own police department to stop the riff raff that seem to trafic the area,just sayin it could be run like an independent city...but it probably depends on what side of the fence your on progress/no progress
If this is true then the "acres" needs to be incorperated thus allowing for its own permiting department,and road/public works/billing depts.

I've been suggesting exactly this for the last few years: turn the subdivisions into townships with all the rights and responsibilities thereof, because it's painfully clear that the County and State are not going to do anything other than keep taking everyone's tax money.
That sounds like a really interesting idea but how would that happen ?
Look up "State of Jefferson" for all sorts of starting points. This movement has been in place for quite a while, but suddenly has a supportive upswing. We can worship volcanoes on the Mainland also!

Are you a human being, or a human doing?
interesting concept but i cant see that working here look at the mess we have with HARC and HACA . we have people on the board that are not even property owners making decisions for the land owners , an upside down situation.
another group of people that behave as though they own the community center and some of them are not property owners.
i am truly hoping that receivership will help cure the many problems . for once there will be financial accountability to the 4000 lot owners.
Transparency and accountability,the two key things, if theres people in position that aren't owners then they need to be replaced, regular elections to vote in the staff that opperates "city hall" keeps monolopy from occouring,limited terms, after incorperation the "acres" would be able to apply for grants to improve the roads/sewer/water systems,all planning and permitting would be done "in house "with the HA building dept. fees would go to the general fund and there would be no delay in the inspection , the "acres" could possibly qualify for its own post office and zip,it could work, and one thing for sure whats in place now isn't working too well.
Agree to above and would like to add that I feel that the Board and staff do it on a voluntary basis for the term as a service to the Community, keep it on a non profit showing accountability for all projects, including upgrades budget on items mentioned such as water service, postal facility, etc. brought to the board members as a motion, and voted by the Community to be implemented at a mutually agreed fiscal year. Keep the money towards the Maintenence and voted needs for the Community along with the office expenses such as necessary Insurance, computers, etc.
Unfortunately the stickler with Building Departments, Post Offices, etc. is that it is still within County jurisdiction as Puna is not a sovereign state, so to speak, and you,would have to get a vote on a fully recognized Township on both sides of the fence to get everything in motion politically for just township status, not sovereignty. A good solid business/development plan and a solid governing system would help achieve this thought.

quote:
Originally posted by Tink

Agree to above and would like to add that I feel that the Board and staff do it on a voluntary basis for the term as a service to the Community, keep it on a non profit showing accountability for all projects, including upgrades budget on items mentioned such as water service, postal facility, etc. brought to the board members as a motion, and voted by the Community to be implemented at a mutually agreed fiscal year. Keep the money towards the Maintenence and voted needs for the Community along with the office expenses such as necessary Insurance, computers, etc.
Unfortunately the stickler with Building Departments, Post Offices, etc. is that it is still within County jurisdiction as Puna is not a sovereign state, so to speak, and you,would have to get a vote on a fully recognized Township on both sides of the fence to get everything in motion politically for just township status, not sovereignty. A good solid business/development plan and a solid governing system would help achieve this thought.

**LIKE**
the concept is great but impossible in hawaii