Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Missing Teenage Girl: FOUND
The security was provided by the Koas they had everyone that came through that gate sign their name. They did not get I D though and I doubt that she would have signed her name. I talked story for a long time with some of the KOAS as some of their own kids were there they impressed me with the genuine concern for the safety of those kids and I believe they would help in any way they could to find that girl. I don't KNOW that she was there had I seen that picture before hand I would have found her if she was there. I am SURE that there were many girls around that age and with similar features to that girl. I would be happy to help any way I could but I have told all I know. Now if you think she would have signed her name to that list I would do whatever I can to obtain it for you though my success would not be assured. And that would not locate her only warm the trail a bit. My sixth sense tells me she was at that party and is in Puna That's where I would be if I was her. My phone number is in the fist impressions thread started by oneself.If you have specific questions you would like to ask privately call me I will help any way I can
Who are he Koas? Do you mean the motorcycle club? What is this, Altamont? Thanks for your offer of assistance. All help is appreciated. We will put the coconut wireless to the test and see if, for once, it can also do some good.

KathyH -- Probably the most relevant facts are that she is a runaway, she had an argument with her parents and then walked away down Ali'i Drive. On the second day she did call from a number not her own just to say she was fine. That was the last that was heard from her. She was still on the West side at that time.

I am now watching the comments that you refer to. Perhaps someone will say something useful. Thanks for pointing me in that direction.
Puna Koa does security for a lot of events, including Merrie Monarch. They are not Hawaii's version of the Hell's Angels, they are local fathers uncles and sons who ride as a club.

Carol
Carol

Every time you feel yourself getting pulled into other people's nonsense, repeat these words: Not my circus, not my monkeys.
Polish Proverb
No it's not Altamont and yes the Koas are the motercycle club and you can thank them for it not being Altamont because they are the reason that there are no hells angels in Hawaii. And if something bad was to happen to my family member I would feel lucky to have the help of that group of gentlemen. The reason trouble is unlikely at events like this is because of Koa presence there. They do a far better job of protecting your children than what I hear the police do. If I had a child I would feel far safer with them at an event like this knowing the Koas were there. I realise what a hard thing this must be for your friends family and yourself. Bottom line is though she ran away and if she was at that event last night the only harm that could have befallen her was the self inflicted loss of a few brain cells. I do hope you find her and I have a feeling she will be fine when you do.
I see. A motorcycle club provides security, filling an important gap. I had no idea they were a community service organization as well. That's awesome. I'm also glad that the rave had security to keep everyone safe and sound. So often there IS no security at raves.
quote:
Originally posted by csgray

Puna Koa does security for a lot of events, including Merrie Monarch. They are not Hawaii's version of the Hell's Angels, they are local fathers uncles and sons who ride as a club.
Carol

Thank you, Carol. (Bold by me)

I hope they find this child. Lots of people are looking. Can't imagine what her ohana is going through. This is a small island, someone knows something. One would hope she would call her parents again fairly soon.

JMO.
Opihikao,
Over the years I've had a lot of students whose dad's and uncles ride with Koa Puna, some of them were pretty rough looking at first glance, but their kid's were never my problem children. The fact that I knew who the dad's were says a lot, by middle school a lot of parents turn invisible at school.

Carol
Carol

Every time you feel yourself getting pulled into other people's nonsense, repeat these words: Not my circus, not my monkeys.
Polish Proverb
Thanks Kelena. Agree that the important thing is find the girl, allow her parents to know she is OK, and get the child out of harm's way.

Informative about the Koa's. Good to know. (I was at Altamont as a teenager, and saw all that unfold in front of me, very ugly -- but it was a long time ago and I don't regard bikers as all alike, for sure.)

I think the facts you relayed just now are very important, because that lays to rest all concern that a kid might have been snatched on Ali'i Drive, because it points searchers to areas where teens go to hang out voluntarily.

It doesn't make the situation much less harrowing, just might help the search. Wherever fault lies that started it off is for the family to work out, hopefully they get some counseling or similar if they want it.

I don't understand why police here can't be all over tracing phone calls. Not her phone, but someone was in her presence who loaned her a phone, and that person surely has some sort of information.
I'm very glad she was found and ok I assume. I am very curious as to her location and movements while missing any one like to share some details?
Ok had to Google it I see she was found in KONA guess her big island romp didn't include a trip to Puna. In many cultures a person of that age is considered an adult and many teens around the world would be fending for them self at that age. Just hope her parents aren't to hard on her. It's been a long time but I remember well the rebellious struggle between childhood and becoming an adult. Sometimes it seems Like it's a process that continues without end. I hope she had some fun and learned something. Maybe she will even realize what hell she put her parents through and they may become closer for it.