Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone know where I can buy "Milestone"?
I'm in for part of anyone's bottle
Send me a PM if you want some.
Good flyer and powerpoint presentation here: http://russellruderman.com/albizia-the-t...m#comments
Im gonna kill some of these ****ahs as soon as I move in !!
How does one do girdling?
I take a sharp knife & cut a ring around the trunk about 3' up. Then strip the bark (very easy) all the way to the ground all the way around. If you don't go to the ground, sprouts come up. It dies from the top down. Small ones I just rip out of the ground (with glee!)
Ringing it does not defoliate the tree in 2 weeks like milestone does. It's still possible to flower and spread thousands of seeds.
No poison needed. Scrape the bark off, and create a barkless girdle around the tree. It comes off easily. Within a month, you will see the tree begin to die. We've eliminated all albezias near our home.
I girdle with a machete,

Vertical cuts up and down in a ring around the trunk until you penetrate the xylem. This prevents the uptake of water and will be very detrimental to the trees growth often resulting in defoiliation and then death.

I agree that trees with excessively large diameters would be difficult to girdle.

Strap on a tool belt and go at it with a battery powered hand drill and a bottle of tricloplyr!
Ill be buying some Milestone as soon as I move in my house, ill be happy to share with anyone who wants to shoot down some Albezia with me!