Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paradise Park - Robbery / Help Needed
One self is turning this forum into a stage to spew his hate and anger at others. With a rightous attitude, becoming enraged when everyone doesn't see it his way, as this young pup apparently knows everything but probably has very very little life experience. IMHO Sorry to distract from topic.

Agree 100%...Mahalo for your post
opihikao -
You may also want to ask the gun shops to keep an eye out for a new customer wanting to buy the .308 caliber bullets that the gun uses. Hopefully they'll be willing to keep an eye out for you, maybe chat up that new customer, "whoa, you must need these for a pretty cool rifle? What do you hunt with it?." And then work their way around to the make & model.
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
No way, I have no hate. Nothing but love here. But you have to earn it.

Everyone complains. Grumble grumble grumble. And do nothing. You do nothing you get nothing in life.You are all entitled to your opinions but If more people lived by that, you have a whole lot less people on EBT. Might even be able to shop the first week of the month in Walmart without it being a zoo, eh ?

Cant go through life with your hand out... Help me. Give me. Poor me. But do nothing to help yourself.
Great idea Here on the Primal Edge!! To add, hopefully the shop has a security camera in place to get a good pic to turn over to PD. once identified as a suspect from the questions asked. I feel for the victims loss both sentimental, and feeling safe in their home after this. One item taken sounds like a "grab and go", or "move fast enough in case the place is alarmed, or neighbor might have heard noise".

Community begins with Aloha
Unless clarified, they never really said only the gun was taken - they said that the gun was the thing they wanted back.
That information could change the case. Why its always best to give all info. If they also stole a tv, then if someone knows htat and sees the tv on say, ebay or craiglsit, that could lead back to the gun.
The Ruger Scout is a newer model so still fairly rare and retails without the scope for about $900: http://www.ruger.com/products/gunsiteSco...x.html?r=y
However, .308 is one of the most common rifle calibers there is so having shops watch for it isn't likely to be productive. I have a couple of .308s myself, one of which happens to be the Ruger Scout, the other a BLR. The .308 was our standard military caliber as well as NATO's for a number of years before being supplanted by the 5.56/.223. I doubt there are many Ruger Scouts on the island.

Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.
Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.
Part of being a responsible firearms owner is getting a safe! Secure your firearms! Don't just buy a gun locker, buy a SAFE! If you think buying one of those "Homak security lockers" is good enough, it's not. You can get into one of them with a metal rod in seconds. Being the victim of a crime is no fun but imagine the feeling of your weapon being used in a crime? Keep legal guns out of the hands of the bad guys and be a responsible firearms owner. I hope the weapon is recovered and returned soon. I too own a few Ruger's and they are fun to shoot and always are reliable. I really enjoy watching Il Ling New fire the Scout and her tips for operating it.
I want to buy a gun for "protection" here in "Puna"

I understand that if I also buy a "safe" then I will finally be a "responsible" gun owner.

I promise to never pull said gun out of the safe unless my home is being invaded, I am going hunting, to the range or just feel like fondling my gun.

I will talk about all the guns I have here on the internet and obliquely threaten any and all who may walk down my driveway or simply lift up my sliding window out of its track with a butter knife when I am not home.