Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paradise Park - Robbery / Help Needed
I've been on Punaweb since the very begining. Threads like this one are why I never post and don't look at the site on as much of a regular basis as I used to. Why does everything have to turn negative. The guy is just passing along some info about a gun.

Atlanta/Pahoa
Atlanta/Pahoa
I always found public forums a place to vent and debate. That's why its public and a forum. JMHO.

I agree with you 100 percent Rene. Part of being a gun owner is having a gun safe. My safe weighs a thousand pounds and also bolted to the concrete slab of my home, and for quick access, it has a biometric lock.
Biometric locks are the way to go, but if you have an "early warning detection system" (dobies), I don't see any hurry. Why ruin the dogs fun and a possible bone (the perp) for them to chew on?

Community begins with Aloha
That was funny!
So a lower income Puna resident that can't afford a $2K+ safe isn't entitled to the benefit of a $150 pump 12 Gauge for protection or a $200 30-30 for pigs?

Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.
Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.
I go hunting with friends who reside in the HILO and Papaikou area, and to this day a few of them don't own safes and their doing just fine without it. Its my preference how I choose to protect my firearms, I would hate to see any of my weapons getting into the wrong hands.
"I always found public forums a place to vent and debate"

But different forums have different personalities and it would be really nice if newcomers would respect the "culture" of Punaweb that existed before they got here. That was one where people were helpful and civil to one another instead of calling each other names and starting fights for the heck of it. The level of civility here has really gone downhill over the last few months, starting with the Hawaiian Acres catfights and continuing into the politics threads, so now rudeness is the norm.

Rob has had to jump in and play kindergarten monitor more times in the last 2 months than I remember him doing in the last 2 years. He does this as a service to the community, it already costs him money, we shouldn't cost him time as well.

Carol

Every time you feel yourself getting pulled into other people's nonsense, repeat these words: Not my circus, not my monkeys.
Polish Proverb
Carol

Every time you feel yourself getting pulled into other people's nonsense, repeat these words: Not my circus, not my monkeys.
Polish Proverb
Mahalo Carol for you comment, and to Rob as well for having the patience to keep this forum running for the positive information that is found here between the arguments. This forum is indispensable in a time of crisis such as Iselle, and now the flow for punatics to stay informed of what is happening in their expanded community and would more than likely be lost without this site for the positive information that it provides.

Community begins with Aloha
I don't look for cat fights, as some others do.

I shall not though, change my opinion for the sake of always being positive, that isn't realistic. Particularly on such a negative subject.