Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What will you do if/when Ebola gets here?
Using the current approximate transmission rate in 20 day increments - 1.92^31.9375 (21 months) = 1.11167 billion infected. Subtract the current 9 months into the problem and 12 months remain at the current rate.

Do you think it will keep spreading at this rate, or not?
If yes: you're wrong.
If no: oh, okay, you just like fantasizing about millions of people dying.
Paulw,
I have no idea what will happen, I only know what the current factors express. If you are into predicting unknowns by all means have at it but leave me out of your futile attempts. Thank-you.
Paulw,
What is clear, is that you like to fantasize about what I am thinking or have been doing. It's also clear that you have a rather unhealthy infatuation towards me. If you consider estimating a rate of transmission in a current pandemic ones desire to fantasize about death, you've got some extreme loose fairies dancing in your head.

There is nothing unhealthy with wanting to know the severity of a pandemic. Without such knowledge the WHO would not have the ability to determine to what level of action they must take and in what time frame they have to work with. It is also normal for individuals to wonder the same so they may better understand the real gravity of the situation.

Not all of us want to float around with our blinders on listening to the imaginings of our minds and tossing around accusations based on those same imaginings.

You need to snap out of it and pay attention rather than assume so much.
Now spread to Europe, a nurse in Spain. This is starting to sound like the movie Outbreak, and then the virus goes airborne about halfway through.

"Mahalo nui Pele, 'ae noho ia moku 'aina" - kakahiaka oli
*Japanese tourist on bus through Pahoa, "Is this still America?*
Infatuation?? Funniest thing I've read all day, but it's still early.

At the current rate of growth, one third of the world will be Elvis impersonators by 2019. Important stuff.
So now a nurse in Texas has tested positive. Someone who wore the protective equipment here in the US. I wonder how the CDC will explain this one.
Not good. Thanks for the update, Julie.

WP story on the nurse.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-...for-ebola/
Notice how they now call it "this case" and the "last case" -- already thinking if it as a series instead of before it was THE case.

Here's the W Post on Ebola Math for Kane.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/h...story.html

Kathy
CDC - Live Press Conference states a "Breach in Protocol" with respect to her use of the protective equipment she was using was cause for infection.

I will leave the "hype" mongering to the rest of you!

quote:
Originally posted by unknownjulie

So now a nurse in Texas has tested positive. Someone who wore the protective equipment here in the US. I wonder how the CDC will explain this one.

Agree Julie....that is what I've been wondering all along. I understand that in some areas, like in Africa, they have limited resources, but American trained staff *should* KNOW what has to be done to protect. All along I've been wondering if the equipment failed, was exhaustion an issue, or what. BUT things are different when in a hospital's isolation situation. Again, wondering what happened with this healthcare worker...a bit unsettling nonetheless.

Best wishes
Best wishes