Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What will you do if/when Ebola gets here?

Oh yes it most definitely has bearing. Do we in Puna have the resources and a team to track the previous whereabouts of someone who starts exhibiting ebola symptoms or is infected like the pro's just did in New York? Do we have an isolation or quarantine facilities on the island?
It's the unknowns that cause us the most fear and stress.
I just heard the funniest ebola joke! Oh, never mind, none of you are going to get it.
faroutsider-
Funny! With a dose of truth serum on the side!
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
There is an obvious annoyance within some who cannot cope with reading about what's on others minds with regard to the current situation. Evidently within their mind, constructing a straw man that seeks to discredit others somehow will validate or protect them. When in fact it is the constructor of the straw man who is struggling with the current situation internally be it from a fear or inability to simply cope with the topic. This is manifest through the exaggerated accusations, which in of themselves expose those who make the accusations culpable of their own accusation. It's similar to the new trend in accusing others of racism when in fact the accusation is forged in racism itself.
People NEED to be able to communicate with each other in a community about ALL things. It's IMPORTANT.
Shall we dissect the straw man and flesh out its true origin?
I'm not worried too much, but I also understand that all it really takes is one physician or nurse- who now can't go home to NYC and instead takes a "vacation" to Hawaii, and doesn't realize they could be infected. There seem to be a lot of "subclinical infections" as well. So, really, for the most part, the people walking around that carry this virus are not very contagious, but who really knows for sure and exactly? It's just something I'd rather not have floating around in our environment.
It's heartening to see this discussion becoming more rational. We're getting past needless hysteria and talk of "billions of deaths".

The two nurses have been cleared and one even went to see the President for a hug.

We need to be prepared but the odds of Ebola coming to Hawaii are minuscule.

Strange that we are even thinking about this when a wall of lava is heading towards Pahoa's main town!
"In the unlikely event that someone with Ebola does reach our shores ,,," Barack Obama, last month.
In the unlikely event that someone with Ebola does reach our shores...
we’ve taken new measures so that we’re prepared here at home. We’re working to help flight crews identify people who are sick, and more labs across our country now have the capacity to quickly test for the virus. We’re working with hospitals to make sure that they are prepared, and to ensure that our doctors, our nurses and our medical staff are trained, are ready, and are able to deal with a possible case safely.

Hope for the best... prepare for the worst.
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves