Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What will you do if/when Ebola gets here?
What does this have to do with Ebola? Once people get sick they don't want to do much of anything, let alone travel to Thailand to visit prostitutes. No Ebola cases in the whole of Asia, as far as I know. Or Ukraine.

A rich man in Monrovia can find plenty of cheap prostitutes a heck of a lot closer to home than in Thailand.
quote:
Originally posted by lavarat

quote:
Originally posted by Obie

Guess I need to repeat myself :

First, the reality check: More Americans have married Kim Kardashian — three — than contracted Ebola in the U.S.

Good to know that I'm not the only Kim Kardashian follower here.

LOL!
quote:
Originally posted by PaulW

What does this have to do with Ebola? Once people get sick they don't want to do much of anything, let alone travel to Thailand to visit prostitutes. No Ebola cases in the whole of Asia, as far as I know. Or Ukraine.

A rich man in Monrovia can find plenty of cheap prostitutes a heck of a lot closer to home than in Thailand.

For those who survive ebola infection, the virus remains active in a mans semen for up to 70 days after symptoms have ceased.
Had you taken the virus seriously and even taken the time to read the basics regarding the virus, you would have known this.

How can you partake in a serious conversation regarding the virus if you haven't even read up on the basics yet?

http://www.nydailynews.com/life-style/he...-1.1986612

It's 7 weeks, not 70 days. What was that about knowing the basics?

How can you partake in a serious conversation regarding the virus if you post links to demented videos and pretend to take them seriously?
It's funny that this somehow appears to be a revelation to mainstream media now. This has been on the WHO website for some time now and appeared in drudge a few weeks back linked to an infowars article.

As much as people like to laugh about infowars, it certainly is interesting how he site comes up with information weeks, months and sometimes years before mainstream picks it up. Personally, I don't mind dealing with misconceptions about facts when the facts arrive far in advance of what mainstream spits out. At the very least it shows someone is actually looking for needles in haystacks, instead of aimlessly walking around until they step on the needle to report about it.
If a man survived Ebola, I don't think he's going to be running out and sowing his wild oats any time soon. The survivors all look pretty exhausted after they've been cleared of the infection. They may be in bed a lot, but it's probably going to be by themselves. They'll barely have enough strength to get to the kitchen or bathroom, much less the Ukraine or Bangkok.
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
Let us know if your kooky website comes up with any more gems. We can all use a laugh.
Somehow I don't think ABC will be reporting on people being "disappeared" or "vaccines for the elite" any time soon.
quote:

It's 7 weeks, not 70 days. What was that about knowing the basics?

How can you partake in a serious conversation regarding the virus if you post links to demented videos and pretend to take them seriously?

Paul, arguing 70 days vs. 7 weeks vs. 90 days is irrelevant and a matter of information base. The fact is you didn't know surviving men were infectious through their semen for a given length of time beyond symptom end. Now maybe you'll take the time to actually read about the virus instead of heckle those who are talking about it.
You didn't even check the WHO website to see if what was being claimed was true or accurate.

It's an interesting fact and indeed I didn't know it - thanks. But it's hardly the "basics".
Has anyone caught Ebola in this way? I doubt it.
quote:

Let us know if your kooky website comes up with any more gems. We can all use a laugh.
Somehow I don't think ABC will be reporting on people being "disappeared" or "vaccines for the elite" any time soon.

Frozen in quote.
I'm an equal opportunity reader when it comes to news issues. All sources are welcome and each help to form a more rounded understanding beyond the single issue itself and exposes the issues that surround the issue. You're welcome to laugh all you like... it's been noted and filed.