Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Super Bowl (Hawaii related)
Being born and raised in the Seattle area, and, having lived there for 58 years, and having gone to the first Seahawks game, I think it's obvious who I am rooting for. People I know from Washington State are going nuts, just like last year. And, if a distinguished English gentleman like Tom is for the Seahawks, how can we lose?
I lived there, and worked at Seatac Airport back when the Seattle Sonics took the NBA championship. That was the only day, while working for Flying Tiger Lines, that I was late for work. So many Sonics fans went to the airport to give them a bombastic greeting, that all the roads in the airport, were made one way going out to get all these folks out. Had to sit on the shoulder of the road and wait. And, I HATE being late!!

Uh, Puna content, Puna content......A lot of weather we're having, hey??

Jon in Keaau/HPP
Jon in Keaau/HPP
"We get Spam musubi , nori chicken, beers (if I can take your keys), plus poke (ahi stay runnin'!),pipikaula, laulau and poi (sour), Maui onion with Hawaiian salt on the side, and chili peppa wata."

opihikao...your line above gave me the BEST hit of one of my fav spots on Oahu..Highway Inn...add tripe stew, they made the BESY, to your list and Nirvana, down to the last onion slice! mahalo foa da hit!

aloha
I expect HPD to be busy with DV and DUI cases tonight... Auwe!
Frank, tripe stew! [:p] Enjoy the game, Sir!

OK, sort of a dilemma; As a Niner lifer, just realized that if New England wins, Brady will have tied Montana's record for Super Bowl wins! [:0]OMG! We can't have that happen, so who do us Niner fans really go with?!?!?

Got 45 minutes to decide...UGH!

(Small kine request for help...lol)

JMO.

Going with the Seahawks as I haven't liked Brady since the tuck rule game and being the Raiders are my team.
RAIDER NATION we coming back!

Opihikao, my wife and father in law are 49 ers fans so you can imagine our house during the battle of the bay!

Fish and poi!
Born&Raised Hawai'i Island
If the Patriots win, they will have passed the Raiders with 4 SB wins.
GO SEATTLE!!!! lol
LMAO, Southernmost!

Mahalo, braddah, Go Seahawks! (Not really, but OK...lol)

Here we go! Enjoy all!
Lol Patriots rule again. My late uncle and grandpa are smiling somewhere up there. Some Puna people aren't the most knowledgeable about foozeball though. Gypsy: Wilson isn't like Montana. Montana was a pocket passer who read the defense. Maybe best ever. Wilson is great but a different type of player. A scrambling qb who still has some proving to do to be compared to Montana. Southernmost, the Raider won 3. In 76 80 and '83. Steelers still leading superbowl wins with 49ers and Patriots tied for second. This has nothing to do with Puna though so I expect Rob to veto this thread.
That's why I said they will pass us by winning 4. All waha. I actually played football, lol and been a Raider fan since I was a young'n.
And Steelers have 6 SB wins, Dallas and 49ers have 5, Green Bay, NY Giants and Patriots have 4, Oakland and Washington have 3.
Also Raiders won in 81 not 80.
So I find this football thing confusing. Does the Patriots' win mean they qualify for next year's Champion's League in Europe?