Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Billy Kenoi gets a what??
I do not think some of you guys aren't getting the seriousness of this..

If you had ever had an employer issue you a business work card, that's what it is supposed to be used for. FOR THE COMPANY PURCHASES. Not for buying expensive stuff, for personal use, or going to handjob bars and charge almost a thousand dollars on it, and then later "reimburse" the expenses.

No, you would be fired on the spot!

Shame on our Councilmembers for being so silent and complacent.

Is this the example our very own Billy sets?

No personal credit cards? You kidding me?

What about the accrued interest between purchases and the time of the re-imbursements?

Who's to fire him?

punalvr
punalvr
specific link or credible source

punafish,
Shoresresident seems adamant about his claim, so I've made the only logical conclusion that he must have, ahem, first hand knowledge of what takes place during business hours at the establishment in question.
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
And a hand job each at the very least for all of his friends he claims accompanied him, yet he believes are not necessary to identify per his apology.

The people want to know who's getting a free hand job with their tax dollars. A comprehensive investigation would give us the full scoop. Could well be he paid for prostitution, alcoholic drinks and some drugs.

What's the interest on that card for not paying on his high tab of debauchery for 3 months? Why does he wait that long? Doesn't he have any money or is it that he never had plans to cover it? Who doesn't have cash yet makes $134K a year and lives on the Big Island? An addict? A gambler? Who? Kenoi Jong-IL?

"What about the accrued interest between purchases and the time of the re-imbursements?"

Good point punalvr.
Punatic, that is what you do when you have no credit.

Use others!!!

How come our Mayor, Attorney doesn't have one? [?]

punalvr
punalvr
Billy's troubles just got worse. KHON reports that County Prosecutor Mitch Roth has launched a criminal investigation and the State Attorney Genernal's office has offered to help. They are also looking at possible criminal cover-up activity on the part of others in the county administration. Here's a link:

http://khon2.com/2015/04/02/mayors-credi...hsba-dues/

Edited to add: This is a courageous and very appropriate step for Roth to take.
I didn't vote for him and I tried to convince many of my ohana to do the same. I feel he is getting what he deserves and that's because he kicked Uncle Able out of Kawa. The mayor was very slick like a snake in the grass and tricked Uncle. Made like he was going help him. I will never forgive him and what he did to my home surfbreak of 30+ years. All us locals and Hawaiians didn't all vote for Billy as some on here may think.

Born&Raised Hawai'i Island
quote:
Originally posted by Chunkster

Billy's troubles just got worse. KHON reports that County Prosecutor Mitch Roth has launched a criminal investigation and the State Attorney Genernal's office has offered to help. They are also looking at possible criminal cover-up activity on the part of others in the county administration. Here's a link:

http://khon2.com/2015/04/02/mayors-credi...hsba-dues/

Edited to add: This is a courageous and very appropriate step for Roth to take.

Let's hope Mitch does accept help from the Attorney Generals office. This is a relief, whew. However one thing....an except from the article:

"Hawaii Pacific University professor John Hart told KHON2 any criminal charges would be devastating. But if Big Island voters still support him, Kenoi, who still has two years in office, still has the possibility of getting elected into a higher office.

“If they support him, will he still be able to run for governor? Definitely. Will this event creep back up if he runs for governor? Definitely. Is it gonna be fatal two years from now? Probably not, not if the Big Island accepts his apologies,” Hart said."

Who is this guy Hart? Is he insane or what? How bizarre for KHON to ask him to comment on the matter, and even more bizarre to print it.
quote:
Originally posted by Southernmost

I didn't vote for him and I tried to convince many of my ohana to do the same. I feel he is getting what he deserves and that's because he kicked Uncle Able out of Kawa. The mayor was very slick like a snake in the grass and tricked Uncle. Made like he was going help him. I will never forgive him and what he did to my home surfbreak of 30+ years. All us locals and Hawaiians didn't all vote for Billy as some on here may think.

EO.

We never forget.

SO disgusting and embarrassing. In total.

(ETA: Deleted my other post due to overlapping with KHON report via Chunkster.)

JMO.
The Finance Department could have issued a card without block codes so the mayor would not have been informed his card had been declined and that the charge was not approved.

This may reduce down to a computer data entry error.

---------

No. Not at all. The pCard is only to be used for official government business. The Mayor crossed the line dozens of times in the last SIX YEARS. A surfboard was even purchased on the pCard?
Consider this juxtaposition of reality:

This may reduce down to a computer data entry error

The Mayor crossed the line dozens of times in the last SIX YEARS

Then again, failing to catch an error for several years would not be unusual for County...