Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TMT groundbreaking - live
quote:
Originally posted by PunaMauka2

"There's a difference though iron, Hawaiians will do it in a non violent way. No genocide, no gaza strips and no slayings. Just Aloha Aina.

Born&Raised Hawai'i Island"

sounds like a fairy tale.

http://youtu.be/S4qQ0uhQbSg [Wink]

Born&Raised Hawai'i Island
pass. not big on snipped links, especially mystery winky links in the absence of original thoughts here to accompany them.
quote:
Originally posted by Southernmost

Here's a song by Ryan Hiroka, a fellow parent at our keikis school and Keala Kawaauhau my sons basketball coach at Kamehameha School.

Dedicated to Eric Lp, punatick007, punamauka2, lavalava, chunkyster, Lee M S, HOTPE, rainyjim, Rob L, PaulW,
Leilanidude, MarkP, Obie.

http://youtu.be/S4qQ0uhQbSg

ET: to be more "tact"

There's a difference though iron, Hawaiians will do it in a non violent way. No genocide, no gaza strips and no slayings. Just Aloha Aina.

Where's the link for the "F*ck the Captain Cook types" shirts to help support that aloha?

https://youtu.be/p2g12tWWMaM?t=709
Originally posted by dakine
Hey yak, all I did was suggest that the idea of zionism could be applied beyond the Jewish movement to reestablish their homeland.

The idea is easy; the reality is deeply complex, immensely difficult, and, if history is any guide, often ugly and prone for unintended consequences. This does not mean it is undoable or should not be considered. But we are not children, and should not believe the fairy tale explanations or solutions being told, regardless of their source.
quote:
Originally posted by kalakoa

correlates strongly with Ali'i wanting to get rich quick

The Ali'i were already rich until outsiders changed their idea of "wealth" and taught them how to be in "debt".

I do believe that they were rich, but it seems not rich enough. They had this in common with other people everywhere.

So they don't own their own greed, needing to have been taught that. Does a successful, smart, educated Native Hawaiian with a PhD or two not own that? According to your way of thinking the poor simple easily led Hawaiians are not responsible for themselves.

While we're at it, the kind and gentle Hawaiians who eschewed violence used those shark tooth studded clubs as letter openers, right?
Oh yak, now you are acting like the bunch I dedicated Ryan's song to. I seen one person in that video wearing that shirt. One. And no one is selling those shirts that I know of. That one guy probably had it printed for himself. Don't judge the actions of all by the actions of one. AUWE

Ironyak: From Henry Ali'i Kerr who runs many of the Mauna Kea FB pages:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10204187924445099&set=a.1436425037406.2061986.1436373329&type=1

Oh yak, now you are acting like the bunch I dedicated Ryan's song to. I seen one person in that video wearing that shirt. One. And no one is selling those shirts that I know of. That one guy probably had it printed for himself. Don't judge the actions of all by the actions of one. AUWE

Hmm... I'll have to check Farmer's Market, but probably all sold out. You remember what happened to Captain Cook, right?

What did Marcus Garvey say about the KKK - he respected them because at least they aren't hypocrites? Emancipate yourself from mental slavery.

Kuddos to Harry Ali'i Kerr for addressing, instead of side-stepping, the issue. Not easy to speak against some popular views of your own group.

Sorry if this all seems off-topic to others. Just passing some notes from outside and inside the bubble to see how things look from each side. Back to looking for life on Mars, or whatever it is us Captain Cook types do.
What da heck wrong with you ironyak? Lol! Now I remember why I stopped interacting with you. Maybe Captain Cook types are people who only take what others have wrongfully? You something else bra