Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TMT groundbreaking - live
quote:
Originally posted by Southernmost Hana Hou!!

Here's a song by Ryan Hiroka, a fellow parent at our keikis school and Keala Kawaauhau my sons basketball coach at Kamehameha School.

Dedicated to Eric Lp, punatick007, punamauka2, lavalava, chunkyster, Lee M S, HOTPE, rainyjim, Rob L, PaulW,
Leilanidude, MarkP, Obie, ironyak

http://youtu.be/S4qQ0uhQbSg

Born&Raised Hawai'i Island

ET: to be more "tact"

and Hawaiian friends??!

Southernmost,
There are probably no groups or cultures in which everyone thinks exactly alike, or has the same opinion. One need only look at election results - - it's difficult for an exceptionally popular candidate to get over 70% of the vote. Except in dictatorships.

Even in the animal kingdom, not all members of the group are in exact agreement at all times, or work together on every goal. Ant and bee colonies might come close to that ideal, but in the human world even communism isn't that organized and structured.
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
"please show your Hawaiian friends all your posts and see if they are still your friends. "

Says the guy who defends Zionism and the KKK...
HOTPE, gotcha. But do you think Punatick shows his Hawaiian friends his real self and makes statements like he does here on PW? Or a fake one? I have friends of many races and and anything I say on here I would say to them. Obie And I agreed we both don't like scumbags. One other thing I don't like is fake people.

quote:
Originally posted by Southernmost

Quote from Marcus Garvey: "between the Ku Klux Klan and the NAACP, give me the Klan on honesty for the purpose towards the Negro. They are better friends to my race, for telling us who they are, and what they mean, thereby giving ourselves a chance to stir for ourselves."

Wouldn't disagree with that.

Never defended KKK random, above post is what random is talking about, take from it what you will but in no way do I support KKK. More like I listen to a lot of reggae which many songs have mention of Marcus Garvey. Maybe google him so you actually know something before your waha goes randomly off.

Little tidbit: only reason Marcus Garvey met with the Ku Klux Klan is because both he and the clan were both in favor of getting Africans out of the United States and back to Africa because of what was going on at the time in that area! He had honest good intentions the KKK did not!

ETA: I don't agree with this answer to the civil rights of Africans at the time, I would more agree with MLK and his way in the civil rights movement.
But do you think Punatick shows his Hawaiian friends his real self and makes statements like he does here on PW?
I don't know Punatic or what he says in private so honestly couldn't say.

Obie And I agreed we both don't like scumbags.
You might get close to 100% on that in an election.

One other thing I don't like is fake people.
I'm with you on that.

"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
As HOTPE says, there is a wide range of views and opinions even within a similar group. I'm interested in snorkle's, and ask questions, because he seems very well informed on the legal arguments.

I'm interested in yours SM because it is one not heard here often and because you are willing to share. You have chosen to emphasize certain voices; there are others that I would highlight, but this is not my movement to represent.

Having read my Marcus Garvey years ago, I quote him back to see if you've read yours, or if its just a convenient quote from the internet, and to what extent his Black Nationalism plays a role in your racial politics. Consider my feedback a mirror of sorts to help you see how the message may be heard from some of us on the other side of the line you have drawn.

For those against TMT, are their any conditions that would make it acceptible to being built on Mauna Kea?
Last post for this thread( too many already!) One of the songs of my youth growing up in Ka'u where Jamaican reggae was all we listened to. Still can't believe someone said I defend the KKK. Lol!
Mighty Diamonds - where is Garvey

http://youtu.be/CrkV4MJ3oRA

Burning Spear - Marcus Garvey
http://youtu.be/-mWNi7u9OLY

Assume the best, and ask questions

quote:
Originally posted by Southernmost

Last post for this thread( too many already!)

Famous last words!