Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hawaii history and cannibalism
Just in case I run into a similar situation, how did the Hawaiians dispose of all the meat after it was removed from the bones?
Thank you so much, Lodestone! I remember that episode but can't find a link to the full episode, but did find this (worth watching all the way through, it's not long!):

https://youtu.be/NIufLRpJYnI
Justin,

I know where you're coming from. People and tribes around the world would eat human body parts because they thought they'd gather the strength or aptitudes of whoever they ate.

The definition of cannibalism, is, however, quite simple, and it does not include a justification.
From my days as a cultural anthropology student - I remember lectures stressing ritual cannibalism was practiced to absorb the Mana - not so much to gain the power of the diseased - but to prevent the spirit of the slain warrior from continuing the battle from beyond the hereafter

north american indians dismembered the bodies of their slain enemies for the same reason - reinforcing the immigrants flawed belief system that indians were barbaric cultures fit for extermination
quote:
Originally posted by Bullwinkle

From my days as a cultural anthropology student - I remember lectures stressing ritual cannibalism was practiced to absorb the Mana - not so much to gain the power of the diseased - but to prevent the spirit of the slain warrior from continuing the battle from beyond the hereafter

north american indians dismembered the bodies of their slain enemies for the same reason - reinforcing the immigrants flawed belief system that indians were barbaric cultures fit for extermination

Regarding you last paragraph/sentence, we have too many historical accounts of enough predatory Indian tribes with an agenda of exterminating the settlers to keep perpetuating the blaming the white man syndrome ad nauseum. No one was safe, what was done was defensive, period. Good God let it go, you weren't even there.

This is no better than those here rewriting Hawaii's past, romanticizing a barbaric rule. King Kamehameha was exceptionally cruel and slaughtered the majority of the population, yet his statue is right there, larger than life in Hilo with quite an uproar when his symbol of violence, the spear was misplaced. All I can say to that is WTF?

Mass denial resulting in white man blame is so incredibly ignorant, that it's hard to debate.

it is always good to differentiate fact from fiction .....cultural bias and the history books written by the victors - often times do the opposite - grin
Zionist conspiracy in Hawaii? please share, I am all ears
tis a reference to 007's continuous reference to in other threads
I am tired of people who blame others for there problems. I am tired of people blaming Zionist. It is a people returning to there homeland. I would think the people of Hawaii would understand that.
If you would like to hear a great Zionist song. Listen to 'Over the Rainbow " Iz's version. He understood.
How does a thread about cannibalism turn into a discussion about race?
Its Punaweb!

The real threat in the world today is Muslim Extremism.
Time to wake up.
WWIII has arrived.

We need to stand together.
One Thing I can always be sure of is that things will never go as expected.