Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pointless thread
It has to be remembered that TMT was a Senator Inouye backed project. There is a strange situation developing. TMT is now saying the state needs to let them know how much they want it. In many ways, TMT is saying they are doing the state a big favor by locating it on Mauna Kea. The state is basically agreeing they need and want it, but you know the rubber knee'd state.

There is massive crumbling starting to happen. HELCO just terminated their contract with Hu Honua for the biomass plant. That was going to mean a whole lot of things, like clearing out the eucalyptus PLANTATIONS to regrow the indigenous forest. This is also another massive engineering project totally collapsing financially. The bio diesel plant has to be next, its profit differential is being propped up by HELCO.

Senator Inouye was the only technology supporter in Hawaii. Nobody else supported any of it, the freeways, the telescopes, the military, the disneylands. There were and are a large group that was waiting for him to die to unravel everything he did like having major universities and research centers. If you are here just kicking it, then it won't be that noticeable. If you need to work, then otherwise.

"Aloha also means goodbye. Aloha!"
*Japanese tourist on bus through Pahoa, "Is this still America?*
Meanwhile on the other side of the planet... they aren't going to let little things like permits or even households get in the way:

China to uproot 9,100 residents to make way for the Five-hundred-meter Aperture Spherical Telescope:

http://www.cnn.com/2016/02/16/asia/china-fast-telescope-relocations/?iid=ob_homepage_tech_pool&iref=obinsite
Dakine is against the telescope..
I am?

dakine, would you mind clarifying your position on the TMT and the other observatories on Mauna Kea? I was under the impression you were against them, but maybe I misunderstood your comments over the past few months, such as:

There's nothing to fear.. nothing at all. In fact alls to the good.* The break for all concerned is perfect. A perfect end to a very good day. The mountain's in peace.

Hopefully the TMT folks will begin to reconsider their plans.* And the rest of the scopes will take notice too. 750 protectors.. and no big stand by DLNR.. the tide is turning.

http://www.punaweb.org/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=21074&whichpage=13&SearchTerms=TMT

* Bold added to highlight pertinent comments

"How we spend our days is, of course, how we spend our lives." -Annie Dillard
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
Seems dakine is not willing to answer direct questions. It's been that way for quite a while, just look at the very start of this thread for an example. It comes as no surprise.
"enough is enough—A’ole TMT!"

- Dakine, Posted - 05/27/2015 :  17:59:01
http://www.hawaiitribune-herald.com/news...land-board

Highlights:

- New hearings officer yet to be hired

- applicants might be considered "as early as" March 25

- TMT wants to know "whether it can proceed" by late this year/early next year

The concept of expediting something within the law is a totally alien concept for the State of Hawaii. They either follow their usual Byzantine, bureaucratically hamstrung and interminable process, or they break the law. No such thing as efficiently and legally moving something quickly along in their world.
quote:
Originally posted by Chunkster

The concept of expediting something within the law is a totally alien concept for the State of Hawaii. They either follow their usual Byzantine, bureaucratically hamstrung and interminable process, or they break the law. No such thing as efficiently and legally moving something quickly along in their world.

You really think quite highly of yourself, don't you Belly? Other than being the same, strange Punatic rant that could be applied to every other subject, your sentences had no value at all.

"Aloha also means goodbye. Aloha!"
*Japanese tourist on bus through Pahoa, "Is this still America?*
The concept of expediting something within the law is a totally alien concept for the State of Hawaii.

100% accurate, up to and including prosecution, like the TEH "voter fraud" (committed in 2012, now filing charges in 2016).

The half-cent GET increase ("for transportation") should just about cover the "lost" $30M/year TMT revenue...
Ah, Ted. So good to see that you haven't changed. As always, when you have no real argument to refute someone else's opinion. I do agree, however, that my mini-rant could be applied to a number of other subjects. Thanks for helpfully pointing that out.