Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pointless thread
my mini-rant could be applied to a number of other subjects

HELCO and NextEra would really like to conclude the merger by mid-March; State has indicated that they might decide by June. Analysts have suggested that NextEra might just walk away if the deal takes too long.
I do agree, however, that my mini-rant could be applied to a number of other subjects.

Chunkster -
Just a suggestion. To save valuable time in the future (for ted), when you reply to "every other subject" you could simply abbreviate your Strange Punatic Rants with the succinct SPR. This may allow ted to more quickly read your posts, and get on to other important matters instead of stopping to comment on your comments.

"How we spend our days is, of course, how we spend our lives." -Annie Dillard
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
"HELCO and NextEra would really like to conclude the merger by mid-March; State has indicated that they might decide by June. Analysts have suggested that NextEra might just walk away if the deal takes too long."

Hey,I'm the OP.

Could you please take your boring repetitive rants some where else ?

We get that you live on a dirt road (Among other things )

You're the dumb-ass that bought there !
Excellent suggestion, HOTPE, but the debate about the TMT may no longer be needed as it may become obsolete soon. Today, when I arrived at work, I found a business card left on my desk. I don't know who put it there, but the card is very interesting.

"Earth Ship Puna DAC-1

Dan A. Cole
Chief Engineering Officer

www.earthshippuna.com"

I try to stay out of the TMT arguments as it's just the same old Bickering back and forth that leads to pretty much no where...

Tho, in any other state, when big business wants something done, they hire bunch of security or cops and even the national guard if needed. They clean house, and things get done. Not in Hawaii tho. That's why it's so frustrating here to get anything done, esp, with a incompetent governor, and a mayor that is yet to be seen or heard about if he's behind the movement to bring in tons of cash so he can continue spending big bucks at the evergreen... I dunno, this state is so backwards, it makes me wonder why anyone would want to do business here. Lube the system with extra cash, and you still get screwed in the end. Seems that everyone want's to talk about yet, no one wants to really do anything to make it happen. Tho, you can bet that the hands are out again to get paid one more go around.... I guess moral of the story ... don't bite the hand that feeds. Yet, here we are doing a pretty good job of that. Karma's a bitch....

Tom-
Thanks for the link, there's so much to absorb, so much to think about.
It did get me extremely excited to begin reverse engineering something ancient, so much so as I can't see waiting to travel to Egypt or Mohenjo Daro. I settled on a small lava cave on my back lot filled with ancient opihi shells. But it's dark now meaning even that will have to wait until morning to see if the shells are remnants of a sound collection and multiple concave focusing device, or the failure to clean up after dinner.

I hope I can sleep.

"How we spend our days is, of course, how we spend our lives." -Annie Dillard
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
Shame you can't wait to travel, but one testable hypothesis from this theory is there should be a chain of Hawaiian-like islands in Botswana, Africa, so an expedition to find them may well be in order. I've only been to Africa once before, but it was an unforgettable experience, so any excuse to go back works for me.

ETA: Actually, researching this a little more, there are two possible locations depending on the polarity of the Earth's magnetic field at the time. The first is Botswana, the second is Egypt. Perhaps this will finally explain how the pyramids were built.
http://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-35645370

Another great contribution by a telescope in Hawaii.
Could you please take your boring repetitive rants some where else ?

1. Not a rant; the tidbit about HELCO/NextEra is directly relevant to the idea that "State can't expedite".

2. Neither the HELCO/NextEra merger nor TMT construction will change the unpaved road situation.

3. Unpaved roads without mandatory fees are a far, far better situation than being forced to pay dues to a "rogue board" that doesn't even spend them on the roads they're supposed to be maintaining in the first place.

You're the dumb-ass that bought there !

See point #3 above; certain other subdivisions (where I don't live) are more deserving of the "dumb-ass" designation.

We now return you to your original thread about how TMT is not being built on Mauna Kea.

No matter how you slice it, it's still the same mind-numbing repetitive rant, kalakoa.