Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Court remands TMT sublease
Kepler is back online! Scientists have not determined what caused the spacecraft to go into Emergency Mode, but one non-scientist suggested it may have entered into an uncharted and newly constructed Black Roundabout Hole. After circling the cosmic interchange for several days, it has now safely emerged:

While it’s certainly good news to have Kepler back among the living, its brief sojourn into darkness may yet have lasting effects. For now Kepler is back in its lowest fuel-burning mode, while NASA performs checks on the spacecraft to see if its ready to shift back into Science Mode.
http://gizmodo.com/nasa-just-recovered-i...1770284600

"How we spend our days is, of course, how we spend our lives." -Annie Dillard
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
Thanks for that, HOTPE!

Good news is that the problem doesn't appear to be due to a reaction wheel failure, which would have been devastating for the mission. Current thinking is that because the switch to emergency mode occurred while the observatory wasn't being re-orientated, the wheels are unlikely to be the culprit.

https://www.nasa.gov/feature/mission-man...and-stable
And so it continues...

"Legal challenges filed against TMT hearings officer"

http://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/story/31758...gs-officer
others pointed out that (judge) Amano and her husband, Donald Amano, are dues-paying member of the Imiloa Astronomy Center
--------------

Really? I wonder how many thousands of professional types on this island, belong? Who would that leave to preside over the hearings?
Who would that leave to preside over the hearings?

If the Lord Jesus Christ Himself came down from Heaven to preside over the hearing, the Protectors would still find some reason to object.
If the Lord Jesus Christ Himself came down from Heaven...

Why is Jesus in Heaven? Does he consider Mauna Kea less sacred...
Clearly, this is a conflict of interest.

"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
Really the tmt project should just move on already, possibly to a mountain in china or India. What ever can delay the inevitable changes and disrespect that the TMT brings with it, the better. Maunakea and its amazing wonders should remain peaceful and calm, as intended. The India, U.S, and China governments can continue doing what they are doing best(space bullies)without the precise data or help from our Maunakea, or Haleakala for that matter. all jmopinions.

http://www.popularmechanics.com/space/sa...2/4218443/

The tmt project probably has only the best of intentions and in no way aims to take part in anything that article above represents. unfortunately funding and ownership can and does change hands, as would those beginning intentions. Personally I am not against science or naive to the vast amount of possible knowledge that would or could be gained by such a project like the TMT (very impressive). Also wouldn't want to see Our mountain summits or its many coming generations to lose its aloha or peaceful ways of living in Hawaii, by becoming a future retaliation target,jmo.

The tmt project probably has only the best of intentions and in no way aims to take part in anything that article above represents

Did you read the article?
It's about missiles that destroy satellites.
And infrared satellites in orbit that detect those missile launches.
Would you care to explain how the TMT or other ground based observatory could "take part" in any activity discussed in the article you linked?

Maybe it's time for people who disseminate false information about the TMT to move on, maybe to China or India. India's good if you like sacred sites. You can't throw a rock there without hitting something sacred. Hope you don't like hamburgers.

wouldn't want to see Our mountain summits or its many coming generations to lose its aloha

Did the "protectors" bring a porta-potty for the duration of their protest?

No?

Who desecrated what, again?
Just read our current night log. Three space targets destroyed tonight with two more turning back. Just a pretty normal evening on MK. Satellite-destroying laser power is still at high levels and detection capabilities have not been compromised. You can all sleep safely tonight.