Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Court remands TMT sublease
this TMT project, is the major priority and even bigger community distraction it has become over the past 8 years. Taking valuable time and resources away

OK, I'll bite: whose idea was it turn TMT into a "big community distraction"?
My apologies, it seems an earlier, somewhat satirical post of mine gave gypsy some ideas.

"What next? Will the TMT affect the coral reefs? How about the increase in shark attacks on Maui, what are their plans for that? Do they have a plan to improve the Pahoa roundabout or will they make it worse? How are they going to design and build an alternative route into Puna? What plans do they have to deal with the ohia die-off?"
My apologies, it seems an earlier... post of mine gave gypsy some ideas.

When you compare the two posts, it's more like plagiarism. Can you bill him for royalties?

“There are worse crimes than burning books. One of them is not reading them.”
-Joseph Brodsky
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
imemine wrote:

"From what I can tell it'd be nothing compared to the list of all the bigoted intolerant crap you and your buddies have spewed all over punaweb throughout the years."

What a lovely first post to PW. Welcome.
imemine blurted:

"Heynow Tom, thanks! I'm sorry if I didn't mention you directly but rest assured you're on the top of the list of PaulW's buddies."

Once you get told you're on a list you know you're dealing with an idiot. Goodbye.
... nothing compared to the list of all...
... you're on the top of the list...

Are these like a David Letterman Top Ten List?
Or perhaps Santa's year end naughty & nice list, which comes out right before the countdown of the 100 greatest song hits for the previous year? George Harrison made it with Here Comes The Sun & Something, but I Me Mine was One of his deep cuts, a more under the radar tune, wasn't it?

-Joseph Brodsky
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
I was thinking of imemine more as Father Noel Furlong:

https://youtu.be/TzR_iGRz768
quote:
Originally posted by TomK
What next? Will the TMT affect the coral reefs?

This has already been confirmed, how did you miss it? This was established as environmental science fact many months ago that hosing off the dome exterior with soap and cleaner is killing coral reefs, contaminating aquifers, killing off Lake Waiau, and quite possibly combining with geothermal emissions to cause underground explosion fracking. Then, there is the roundabout connection.

"Aloha also means goodbye. Aloha!"
*Japanese tourist on bus through Pahoa, "Is this still America?*
established as environmental science fact many months ago that hosing off the dome exterior with soap and cleaner is killing coral reefs

This further implies that the (secret, military) operations at TMT are successful, having already created the spacetime rift such that coral reefs are being killed due to dome washing which occurs in our subjective future.

If we chart the damage, we can accurately predict when TMT will have been completed.
the (secret, military) operations at TMT are successful, having already created the spacetime rift

I knew it! The court hearings are just a ruse. I have to admit the plan was ingenious. Build the telescope in the future when very few will object, then send the discoveries and the scholarship money for Big Island students back in time to the present through the spacetime portal:

1) We receive TMT data in the present when the telescope was set to be completed
2) Big Island students receive scholarship money to improve their understanding of science, technology and math, which reduces opposition to the project in the future when it will finally be built

-Joseph Brodsky