Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OpenD
HOTPE - Please forgive my ignorance, but who or what is TC?

"No wonder ted has such a poor attitude concerning Puna [...]"
It was my friend's understanding that he was intent on winning one of the CD $500 prizes because he didn't have much money. He would get upset when people challenged him, to the point of running to the moderators and complaining. That kind of forum doesn't interest me a whole lot though. Punaweb's pace is a lot nicer to deal with.
TomK, TC was one of Magnum PI's friends in the series. He was a former Marine and helicopter pilot. I was a huge fan back in the day. Don't judge [8D]
There are a couple of helicopters on the islands painted just like TC's (Theodore Calvin). I recommend watching all 8 seasons if you really want to "get" all the modern day allusions that exist due to some of the finest TV programming to come out of the 80's.

"Ivan, did you see the sunrise this morning?"
Thanks, PooLaLa and terracore, mystery solved!
OpenD picked that name because it had something to do with tuning ukulele's or guitars, I forget which.

He did live or at least spend some time up in Volcano, however for health reasons he moved to the mainland awhile back. I'd have to go through my emails to get a date, but I think it was sometime late last year. In any case, I got the impression whatever he had was terminal and he was posting to keep his mind off the pain or some such.

He did move expecting to be back, I think, he had left a storage locker full of things and was having trouble trying to get it moved after he'd gone to the mainland. I would be surprised to find that he is still among the living.

"I like yard sales," he said. "All true survivalists like yard sales."
Kurt Wilson

"I like yard sales," he said. "All true survivalists like yard sales." 
Kurt Wilson
Rest assured that OpenD is alive and well. Being so, I won't reveal his identity, because it is not my place to do so. He has been off the grid since April when he moved from Tx to Ca.
It is just another weirdness of haole visitors. They spend a couple weeks here, go back to their mainland, then proceed to act online like they live here. There have been at least a dozen on PW that were doing that. Bizarre. There was that weird British guy Lord HaHa that was commenting to the tribune non-stop about the Kingdom until he was outed. Another waste byproduct of tourism.

"Aloha also means goodbye. Aloha!"
*Japanese tourist on bus through Pahoa, "Is this still America?*
They spend a couple weeks here... then proceed to act online like they live here.

Yeah, it's like they know just a little bit about a topic, Google it to see if they can find out a little more, then proceed to write treatises about the subject like they're experts in the field. Or something.

“There are worse crimes than burning books. One of them is not reading them.”
-Joseph Brodsky
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves