Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hawaiian DNA in soil atop Mauna Kea?
The study of DNA from the soil atop Mauna Kea may become a reality sooner than later. This is a cool recent video about some of the new findings within newly found ground water on the Big Island. The mention and thoughts about planet nine and possibly planet 10 were also interesting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmTaSWYhMUk

Did the state of Hawaii really spend 3.5 million dollars to plug a couple geothermal wells on the big island?
Where, and why were they plugged rather than kept open for future testing or monitoring? were these plugged wells part of PGV in Puna?
Why would the Army or Military get to use or tap into this new found states water resource on the Big Island?
If they can study the DNA of new found water couldn't they also study the DNA in the soils under the soon to be decommissioned telescopes?
"If they can study the DNA of new found water[...]"

Whoever discovers water's DNA and actually manages to study it will, without any doubt, win a Nobel Prize.
LOL TomK, If someone does then they would be fairly rich over night as a Nobel prize is worth quite a bit these days.

http://time.com/money/4063339/nobel-prize-worth/

Maybe the many current observatories atop the summit including the TMT if built on Mauna Kea would like to tap into that new found water source the military wants to start using.
Do the current Observatories atop Mauna Kea truck their water up the Mountain?
How much water does the average observatory atop Mauna Kea use per month?
If they do truck the water up how much does the water and trucking cost the current telescopes a month or year? This new found water source in Pohakaloa may be worth a Nobel Prize every year. jmo
Did the protesters wash and disinfect their vehicles before going to Mauna Kea's summit area? Did they bring invasive species up onto the mountain? Did they trample on cinder cones building ahus and interfere with the Wekiu bugs' environment? What about the ahu on the actual summit of Mauna Kea? That's a cinder cone. The people who built it must have disturbed all those bugs in the process. What do you say about that? Where is their environmental impact statement? What did they do to prevent leaving their trash in the summit area? Did they bury it? Did they bring their own water? How much did it cost them?

How about answering questions instead of continually expecting others to answer yours, even if they've been answered before?
Again TomK, LOL. You are so funny, must be a Brit trait. Questions not answers are encouraged here on PunaWeb and assume my intentions are in good faith. I will try and answer a few Questions for you TomK.
How many years have the Brit's been trying to understand our Universe? Maybe 5,000 years now.
What kind of life are you searching for in space? Maybe the same kinds of life you astronomers are failing to see or recognize on the TMT proposed site.
How much water and Electricity does the 13 current observatories use or need to operate a month or year? Maybe more than the county of Puna.
How many Cinder Cones have been removed or built on by the Current Telescopes trying to blend into the natural summit environment? Maybe enough is Enough.
"Again TomK, LOL. You are so funny, must be a Brit trait. Questions not answers are encouraged here on PunaWeb and assume my intentions are in good faith. I will try and answer a few Questions for you TomK.
How many years have the Brit's been trying to understand our Universe? Maybe 5,000 years now.
What kind of life are you searching for in space? Maybe the same kinds of life you astronomers are failing to see or recognize on the TMT proposed site.
How much water and Electricity does the 13 current observatories use or need to operate a month or year? Maybe more than the county of Puna.
How many Cinder Cones have been removed or built on by the Current Telescopes trying to blend into the natural summit environment? Maybe enough is Enough.
"

I admire your attempt to answer your own questions with information pulled out of thin air (I could have used a more insulting term but chose not to). How about you ask yourself where you got your answers from?

When you've done your research, please get back to yourself with the answers.

How much crap will revenue-generating industries tolerate before they leave the island entirely?
I have another question: why do you guys feel obliged to continually feed this drama queen troll?
why... feed this drama queen troll?

We can't stop now. We're getting so close. I can feel it in my DNA infused bones. One of these days gypsy will write:

I think I understand now, I can't just make something up, or say words out loud, or type letters together and post them for my jmo's to actually exist in a state of reality. So much more is required! Thank you! I'm sorry I've wasted your time...

If I know what I shall find, I do not want to find it. Uncertainty is the salt of life. - biochemist Erwin Chargaff
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
Questions to the critics of TMT (gypsy and others) from a less-informed Punatalk commentator so some of us can better understand this issue.

1. Are you not only opposing TMT construction but asking for the removal all telescopes on Maunakea?

2. If TMT project is withdrawn, are you adamant that you are going to continue protesting for all telescopes’ removal?

(Can someone give the number of existing telescopes for discussion purposes? I believe this topic might be complicated by one or more telescopes having an array of subsidiary structures, leading to some disagreement over the exact number of telescope sites.)

3. If you concede to allowing the existing telescopes to remain, would you allow the periodic decommissioning of one (or more) older telescopes and then replacing them with newer (technologically advanced) telescopes?

(I believe this might have been or is being proposed by TMT proponents. One of the concepts here, I believe, is that the reuse of sites would minimize further damage to the mountain environment.)

4. I understand that there might be issues related to the TMT permit process (improperly expedited?), but that is a separate issue.

Questions 1-3 are long-term questions. What are the positions of the TMT opponents here?

Thank you for the clarification.