Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What do you love about living on the Big Island?
“rock pools”... if we had a few more Republicans we could loosen some environmental regs so we could build some new swimming sites on Puna's rough shores.

And every one of them would be in the private ocean side backyard of wealthy Republican donors.

Because, the Republican political minions elected with Republican contributions will owe their overlords a tax cut so drastic, that once the law to dynamite inland saltwater pools is passed, there will be no money left in the budget to build those pools for public use on public land.
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
Just take all the seized illegal fireworks, put them in a pile next to the shore, "destroy" them, and viola, a public swimming hole!

Community begins with Aloha
While not for the faint of heart, there are several natural rock ponds south of Kings Landing, basically between the end of Keaukaha and Shipman beach. Almost nobody ever sees them. There are also small tide pools/rock ponds slightly south of HPP. None of these are realistic public swimming spots though.
What I love most about the Big Island? I couldn't limit it to one thing, for sure. Lets see, poke, climate, geographic diversity and the incredible variety of (mostly) friendly people. I love how people like Opihikao share their language and culture with aloha.

Me ka ha`aha`a,
Mike
Me ka ha`aha`a,
Mike
Thanks for all the thoughtful input! Can't wait to make the move.