Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rat Lungworm on organic farms debate renews
MarkD, the reason I commented on this thread is because you have a need to argue about things on Punaweb. Often your posts are solely to create a controversy with you spelling out in great detail your views. You attack people, you try to point out any flaw no matter how small in great detail, and you often use vague or unsupported assumptions during those arguments. I personally find it rubs me the wrong way. I insert my feedback in hopes of stemming the flow of this behavior. Normally I ignore this because you're not the only one on Punaweb that is a keyboard warrior, however you attack with such gusto and verbosity on a range of subjects that I feel your posts need some tempering and perspective.

As you can see my lawyer comment, sparked a mock courtroom which helped reduce the tension of your attack in this post. I then just lurked until I couldn't take all the stuff about non-organic and organic farm rat controls. In my mind it just became too big of a side show not to comment. You suggest now and in the other threads that I shouldn't "shut things down" and to ignore them. Well I offer you the same advice, you (and others) can also ignore me. However, I encourage you to practice some aloha.
It appears we have been informed that rat abatement options on organic farms are more limited than on commercial farms.

I have been informed that there is apparently a bridge for sale; it is not certified organic, but does support TMT construction vehicles.
Hopefully this debate will proceed to a definitive answer.

Yes, I wait with the anticipation of a climate denier holding out for one scientist in 100 who will verify and confirm his beliefs.

In the meantime, I'd like to mention some additional observations that I'm fairly certain can be discovered through reading interviews with vegetarian celebrities in People Magazine (journalism), or cartoons in the New Yorker that feature talking cats (visual journalism):

* Rats infest organic farms
* Organic farm owners are more restricted in their use of rodenticides so must use all methods available to them for any hope of effective control
* Cats eat rats, more cats eat more rats
* Organic farms not only harbor an inordinate amount of rats, but excessive cat populations as well
* Cats carry toxoplasmosis, which effectively endow cats with mind control over humans

And there you have it - - a Unified Theory of Feline Ascendancy and Domination of the Human Race Through the Practice of Organic Farming Techniques (Phase 1), and the Growth in Consumption of Organic Foods in the Marketplace over the Last 20 Years (Phase 2).

I look forward to reading a more detailed manifesto length explanation of the history of this phenomenon, it's effect on Puna District today, and hopefully suppositious future developments which can be expected in the years to come.

The Donner Party really wasn't that great of a party, was it?
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
Mark I like your method of proving your point. You are very "politically correct" in your method. You even lighten the mood by turning it into a faux courtroom drama scenario. And they play along with it, answering in lawyer lingo but never acknowledging your logic.
However, your overall point:
I was assertively challenged on my comment by a Punatalk old-timer at that time, and then yesterday that poster unnecessary re-raised the issue in a weak attempt at insult. A certain number of old-timers regularly make unwarranted challenges to other people, mostly newbies.
Not all, but some certain PunaWeb regulars continue to do this over and over again. In a way they tend to "own" the web with their countless posts on every topic and if you post something that they may not agree with prepare for ridicule.
Its okay though, the freedom of speech is a right for all of us and it's perfectly fine to practice it. Also you probably shouldn't hold your breath waiting for any of these types admitting you have a valid point on the topic. In other words, I'm very used to this behavior and just continue trudging on, dropping comments or tips where I see needed or appropriate because I can. We all can.
Cats carry toxoplasmosis

Toxoplasmosis is actually far more interesting than previously thought:

http://www.sciencealert.com/mind-alterin...-disorders

Toxoplasmosis is actually far more interesting...
Mind-Altering Cat Parasite Just Got Linked to a Whole Lot of Neurological Disorders
T. gondii's ... triggering changes in the brain that could lead to neurodegenerative diseases.

It's interesting, don't you think, how the scientific terminology "mind altering" gets adapted into "mind controlling" when picked up by the general public.
Anyway, it looks to be a hard fought contest between cats and AI robots for ultimate domination of the human race.

The Donner Party really wasn't that great of a party, was it?
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
From Eric1600: ”MarkD, I commented on this thread because you have a need to argue...post....solely to create a controversy...I insert my feedback in hopes of stemming the flow of this behavior...(and encourage) some aloha.”

From ElysianWort, expanding on my statement that some “old-timers regularly make unwarranted challenges...”:

“...certain PunaWeb regulars continue to do this over and over again. In a way they tend to "own" the web with their countless posts on every topic and if you post something that they may not agree with prepare for ridicule...shouldn't hold your breath waiting for any of these types admitting you have a valid point...I'm very used to this behavior...”

Eric, Appreciate your sincere comments. I concede your point on my frequent argumentation. But it is usually on certain topics (often posts I create). I don’t jump all around Punatalk challenging people. I find ElysianWort’s description very apt.

The antics of the old-timers--and they sometimes gang up on people--would seem to cause significantly more offense to Punatalk at large than my mode of writing (but I will sincerely listen to any dissents on this).

All this said, I think most of us find entertainment in the spirited exchanges. The old-timers seem to find much amusement in their activities. I have no problem with their activities (and respond in kind). I elected to counter-challenge HOTPE on this one issue because it seems extreme.

Finally, I appreciate that the topics of helicopters and TMT strike home to some people. Jobs and livelihoods are involved. I do not say much on TMT. I have strong views on helicopters, but they do not diverge from the views of the general protest group.

(From ElysianWort: “I like your method...turning it into a faux courtroom drama scenario.” Apparently Eric inspired HOTPE to come up with this. Very entertaining.)
MarkD - the best way to avoid keyboard warriors is not to take the bait. Some will just argue for sport.
ElysianWort, you nailed it sir!
I concede your point on my frequent argumentation. But it is usually on certain topics (often posts I create).
----------

Have you learned anything from the way you come across to people? Maybe THAT IS THE POINT?