Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Leilani using drones for CCR enforcement?
I wouldn't have any problem with that. Just like "Pirate Jenny", I say "kill them all". And they'll pile up all the the bodies and I'll say "Hooplah!".
I know what I would like to do if I encountered such drone snooping/flying above my property.
Is it illegal to shoot down a drone flying over your land?
Some say yes, some say no.
Is it illegal to shoot down a drone flying over your land?

I'm sure the State would be glad to sell you a permit for that...
https://www.leilaniestates.org/board-minutes

Can't do a direct link to the page, but on the far right, download the June 08 2017 meeting minutes. Page 2, under Attorney Updates, note the part that mentions "waiting for attorney, and for Jay to do a flyover."

This seems to imply that they know all about it and are endorsing this action.
quote:
Originally posted by Kapoho Joe
This is not the pimply kid down the street trying to peep in your windows.

How would you be able to you tell? All drones look pretty much alike.
Make a game of it. Get your own drone (probably a cheaper $100-range "throw away" model) and use it to attack the other drone. Mount a vertical stick onto it and ram it up into the other drone's whirlies.

After it drops onto your property, sell it on eBay.
That sounds very entertaining. If I had such drone spying problems, such mentioned "drone wars" would keep me extremely engaged and occupied.
My attack drone would morph though. New attack apps would get added after the original stick app. Fly above enemy drone and release fishing net app. Or maybe release strings app into rouge drones propellers. etc. etc.
I believe firing a gun inside 500ft of a house or roadway is illegal( and stupid dangerous to shoot in the air without a backstop). But I doubt Hawaii has any laws on drone on drone action under 200ft - above that is FAA territory I think

And wear a space alien mask so if they call the cops they will have to give that description