Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Topless in HI?
Can we at least agree on braless? More practical in more situations.
I'm not a big promoter of slippery slope arguments, but here's what you can end up with when people start thinking its OK to do with less clothing in public places.

http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/nevius/art...867094.php

LOL! I like where this one is going! Durian Fiend and randomq that was funny!
Oh and for Mark: "It is indeed a challenge. Especially maintaining complete eye contact in a conversation without wavering." I think it was a Seinfeld show where I learned: If you're so lucky to be in a circumstance with exposed female "glands" as Mimosa calls them, you don't ogle or google... you treat it like the sun. You can take a quick gl:ance but you can't stare.

Oh and Mrs. Mimosa and Dayna: You can try to de-glorify them or simplify them if you want but men are wired a certain way. Cannot change it. I'ts scientific and natural. Men are more visually stimulated. Women, not so much.
I recall seeing an interesting example of this sort of cultural conflict a few years ago. A Pacific-wide traditional dance festival was being held in Fiji, which is very heavily influenced by the missionaries, and they required all the dancers to be covered up. But many of the islands are still fairly traditional, where women rarely wear tops. One group pulled out, and the group from Vanuatu went and danced topless anyway.
Again with the "wiring". I'm telling you all it's a cultural thing. That's the reason why Islamic women need to be covered from head to toe. Even in this culture a hundred years ago a woman wearing a modern bikini would have been scandalous. Cultures change. Maybe someday the sight of a topless woman will be completely normal. That is until some men can get stop equating it with nudity and just get over their hangups. These are probably the same types that get upset from seeing a woman breastfeed in public.
It's okay bystander. We agree to disagree on this topic. I say it's wired into man to see the woman with desirable physical traits for childbearing, and equate it sexually, and become excited.
It's beyond a cultural thing. I promise you, all those Frenchmen who see all those beautiful nude mademoiselles on a regular, really appreciate the fact that's a part of their culture.
Just out of curiosity bystander, for this conversations sake, you male or female?
"That is until some men can get stop equating it with nudity and just get over their hangups."

It is not a hangup. We are not bothered or upset by topless women. Indeed we like it (with the qualification that old folks of both sexes ought to cover up a bit more as they age.]

But it is a major distraction. And to some men, arousal. Don't we have enough problem with men getting aroused and acting poorly??
Curb your exhibitionism:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhPcvVNOVfQ
"But it is a major distraction. And to some men, arousal. Don't we have enough problem with men getting aroused and acting poorly??"

Can't women get aroused and also act poorly? What next, rapists being excused because they were aroused by what their victims were wearing? Oh, sorry, that's already happened.

PS. Thanks for the laugh, Lodestone!
LOL!!
That too was freaking hilarious!!
Awesome thread!!