Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
up to 1 gigabit fiber NOW available in Orchidland!
Yes. Speed tests to anywhere else is lower.
Don't want to sound like a know it all but it's gigabits and not gigabytes per second. The small b in bps means bits. Anyway I heard rumors that Spectrum cable will be coming down lower HPP with competitive products next year sometime. I hope they are true.
Spectrum (or OTW) has been in lower HPP for years. It's mid-HPP that's missing out.
quote:
Originally posted by PaulW

Spectrum (or OTW) has been in lower HPP for years. It's mid-HPP that's missing out.

Yeah that's what I meant. They are down there and supposedly working their way up.
http://www.hawaiitribune-herald.com/news...-broadband

The expansion area includes Eden Roc, Fern Acres, Fern Forest, Glenwood, Hawaiian Acres, Hakalau, Kaiwiki, Kalopa Mauka, Kapoha, Kurtistown, Leilani Estates, Miloli'i, Nanawale Estates, Ninole, Hawaiian Ocean View Estates, Orchidland, Ouli, Pa‘auilo Mauka and Waiki'i Ranch, the company said in a press release.

I haven't personally experienced the new broadband, but HPP does not appear on the above list.
They sure didn't improve in my area of Leilani. Still at a max of 7mb x 768k. I even submitted an order a couple weeks ago for new service. They never replied back although I did receive a couple of emails promising to get a call back for the installation.
quote:
Originally posted by kalakoa

http://www.hawaiitribune-herald.com/news...-broadband

The expansion area includes Eden Roc, Fern Acres, Fern Forest, Glenwood, Hawaiian Acres, Hakalau, Kaiwiki, Kalopa Mauka, Kapoha, Kurtistown, Leilani Estates, Miloli'i, Nanawale Estates, Ninole, Hawaiian Ocean View Estates, Orchidland, Ouli, Pa‘auilo Mauka and Waiki'i Ranch, the company said in a press release.

I haven't personally experienced the new broadband, but HPP does not appear on the above list.

All the more incentive for Spectrum. No competition from HTC in HPP. They can lock in a bunch of new customers for years if they just string the fiber lines.
Yes, I've never understood their reluctance. Someone told me they'd rather provide cable to more built-up areas but haven't they all been done already?
quote:
Originally posted by leilanidude

They sure didn't improve in my area of Leilani. Still at a max of 7mb x 768k. I even submitted an order a couple weeks ago for new service. They never replied back although I did receive a couple of emails promising to get a call back for the installation.

I didn't get a response to my internet request for order until after I called them.
Current internet speed ( via http://speed.hawaiiantel.net/ ) :

Download 281 (should be gigabit)
Upload: 0.4 (not a typo, should be "up to 100")

I rebooted the modem / router several times. This is just the "speed" now.

Anybody else having problems?