Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It looks like attempted suicide death
Isn't is strange that the stolen vehicle's airbag didn't inflate after repeatedly ramming the police vehicle?

It's a borderline case.

Some time back had one on Oahu at the Pali; cops caught perps breaking into cars. They ran to their car and drove off to escape; a cop on foot runs full speed to try to intercept and block the car and falls to the ground; another officer fires and kills driver. Claim: driver tried to run over cop.

Er.....No was he was trying to escape. I think in this case the woman was trying to escape too.

But we do have a hardcore contingent of ice heads and persistent criminals around.

So though the shooting is problematic, some of us privately prefer a few of these criminal parasites to be knocked off by the cops every now and then rather than cycle them through Hawaii's revolving door justice system.
Isn't is strange that the stolen vehicle's airbag didn't inflate after repeatedly ramming the police vehicle?
----------
No it isn't. Airbags don't deploy when the vehicle is hit from behind. The suspect backed into the officer's vehicle, repeatedly.

It's a '98. In older vehicles the airbag icon lights up on the dash due to one dysfunction or another. Either you find and fix the problem or turn the airbag off. My guess is it was turned off.
quote:
Originally posted by Wao nahele kane

I could see a woman freaking out if someone pulled up behind her there without using proper cop lights illuminated to identify themselves.

If you're a normal innocent woman who would freak out you would NOT be on the cliffs at 1:00 am.
Women should be in their master's home by 8pm, not driving around displaying their wrists and neck to every random passerby. /s

Seriously though, someone with warrants on them should not be ramming cop cars. Even if the shooting is unjustified, you will likely end up dead and no one will convict a cop in such a gray area.
Click through the photos at http://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/2018/10/12/...-with-suv/ and you can see how badly she rammed that cop car. Apparently she rammed it over and over again. Saw a report at some point that said it was like 10 or 20 times?

(changed "scroll" to "click")
Bottom line .. God Bless our awesome police men and women .
The story gets better...
Earlier on the day, the sister of the woman that was killed, was arrested at Dastore with her boyfriend in another stolen truck.
Their mother lost one daughter to the angel of death, whereas her other daughter will sit in prison for warrants and car theft..
punalvr
quote:
Originally posted by MarkD

It's a borderline case.
I think in this case the woman was trying to escape too.

But when a uniformed cop is pointing his gun at you it's time to stop trying to escape.

Such a waste of two SUVs.