Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
OTA TV Channels
Surprise, surprise, 11’s are back, clear as a bell.
Yay!! I was so upset that I missed all the FOX NFL games this past sunday. Let's hope no more storms for awhile.

The 4's, KITV, my main news source seems to still be out.
The 4's, KITV, my main news source seems to still be out.

I'm getting KITV ABC back at 4.1, 4.2, & 4.3 as usual (last week they were at channel 13).
Fox (or as I call it, Watchable Fox) is strong & clear at channel 11.
Everything seems back to normal.

EW-
Here's the NFL TV broadcast map for this weekend:
http://506sports.com/nfl.php?yr=2018&wk=10

Fox has New Orleans vs Cincinnati as their late game for the Honolulu market. But why watch that when the true G.O.A.T. Aaron Rodgers will be working his magic on CBS at the same time?
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
Thanks HOTPE, I appreciate the kind gesture!

I'm sure I'll be flipping back and forth between the two games.

Also, weird that I'm still not getting 4.1 4.2 or 4.3
I have a quality antenna that I bought from amazon a couple years ago. I used to catch those stations no problem. The antenna has a feature where I can press a button and it rotates. I'll try that...
You might have to rescan to get everything back.

Hawaii tv guide shows a different line-up. They have Saints/Bengals as the early game on FOX and Patriots/Titans early on CBS. Only one late game, Seahawks/Rams on CBS. I tend to believe this because NFL has Saints/Bengals scheduled as an early game.

http://www.hawaiiantel.com/Residential/T...fault.aspx

Saints/Bengals scheduled as an early game.

Yes, you’re right My 2 cents, New Orleans is an early game.
506 Sports lists it as a “Fox Single” which I didn’t realize could be either an early or a late game, depending on the market. Fox is permitted to broadcast one game this Sunday with their NFL contract. They have 5 different games scheduled across the country, only one of which can be shown in any particular market. Depending on the scheduled matchup it could be either an early or a late game. New Orleans-Cincinnati is an early game, starting at 8:00 in Hawaii, now that Daylight Savings Time has ended on the mainland.

506 Sports still shows Packers-Dolphins as the CBS late game for the Honolulu area. I’m keeping my fingers crossed because while perhaps not the most intriguing contest of the week, everything’s better when you add Aaron Rodgers, as far as I’m concerned.

If you’re a college football fan, Hawaii boy Tua is starting quarterback for #1 ranked Alabama, appearing Saturday on CBS at 10:30. He’s arguably the best college football quarterback on the field this season. Really fun to watch.
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
KFVE Channel 9 filed today to shift control over to KHON Channel 11, with an eventual sale to KHON. I would imagine this would mean some kind of channel lineup change, and some programming changes, since Channel 9 currently runs Hawaii News Now, the main competitor to KHON2.

In the filing, Channel 9 promises to run a "general, advertiser-supported, national-network-affiliated, entertainment/sports format, with some mix permitted of home shopping, religious, foreign language and infomercial programming". The first part of that sentence refers to the current My-Network TV affiliation-- the second half I think probably suggests new subchannels, as they are talking about the full suite of Channel 9 subchannels, not just 9.1.

They also committed to 2 hours of news per week, and said there will be no Big Island originated programming on the local Channel 9 transmitter because, they say, Hilo can not support it.

The move also opens up an engineering opportunity to make KFVE and KHON available in both ATSC and ATSC 3.0 in the future.
lost the channel 4's wednesday, anyone know whats going on?
We haven’t had the 4’s for 2 days either. Turned the antenna and rescanned. Still no luck.
Yep...4.1 and 4.2 not working here either.