Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anti tmt rally uh dec 5 noon
I'm calling BS on Mimosa. Straight up lies.

Lies of "Fred Blas-ian" proportions.
"open smoking of meth and pakalolo and drinking vodka and beer and plate lunch Styrofoam along with 7-11 and Mc D;s and star bucks empties strewn about .
And the grand children took all this in and wonder what is the problem about TMT"

Perhaps a tad of embellishment.
To the last 3 posters. Yes there was a Anti TMT rally at uh. It was attended by 100 uh students mrs mimosa was there,were you?

HPP

HPP
Did you fly to Honolulu to attend this event at UH Manoa which you posted in the link to start this thread? Have not seen or heard anything about any event at UH Hilo related to the press conference in Honolulu.

“On Wednesday, Dec. 5, 2018, at noon in front of Hawaii Hall at UH Manoa, faculty, staff and students from various Oahu-based UH campuses will hold a press conference...”

Edited to fix text issues.
UH Hilo
All campuses had a rally.

HPP

HPP
I was at UH Hilo.
Again, LIES. Damn lies, actually.
Pakalolo, meth, trash? Holy crap. just stop it.

I am not an Anti-TMTer. Nor am I a blind supporter. In the spirit of Kanalua, I need more information. But the lies cast forth about this topic is just too much to bear. Please just stop.
My daughter is a student at UH Hilo, there was NO rally there and all the talk about people smoking meth, pakalolo, beer, vodka, trash is all lies, fake news.

I’m pro TMT, pro science, pro jobs, but to make up such slanderous lies about a group of people, which includes many Native Hawaiians, is outrageous and unacceptable.

Red flags were raised also when dan_d stepped in and also lied and defended Mimosa and acted as if he saw Mimosa at the fake, non existent rally at UHH. So I started comparing the text and grammar of both Mimosa and dan_d and they have the exact same writing style and grammar with same issues with punctuation and spacing between sentences and periods and commas.

dan_d_mimosa
From a UH web page, "University of Hawaii News":

More than 200 students, faculty and staff from various Oahu-based University of Hawaii campuses, and their supporters, affirmed their commitment to protect Maunakea and their opposition to the construction of the Thirty Meter Telescope (TMT) on the summit of Maunakea, at a December 5 news conference on the UH Manoa campus.
https://www.hawaii.edu/news/2018/12/06/g...ition-tmt/

If I'm reading the university's report correctly, there was one protest / news conference at the UH Manoa campus, attended by students from other UH campuses on Oahu. There are no reports of a gathering at UH-Hilo, either on UH-Hilo's news page, or in the Hawaii Tribune Herald, or from any other Big Island news source.
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
I was at UHH that day, Dec 5th. I did not see or hear about any rally. That is why I was asking. I don't walk around the entire campus every day, so I could have missed it, which is why I asked. Is there an actual press release text anywhere? I listened to the statement at the beginning, but that statement had some factually false info in it about trucking 5000 dump trucks full of material off the mountain. The documents all say the material will be used to build the road, maintain other roads and facilities etc. not leave the mountain.

Mauka Hilo-side
Mauka Hilo-side