Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looking for car repair advice
How about in Hilo? My truck broke down there and is sitting in a parking lot.
Have it towed wallys does that also. Hes back on monday

HPP

HPP
Just to report back....

I took my van to Mike's Automotive (across from Long's in Pahoa). Mike did the service on a same day basis and cost about $200 less than the dealer. So I am happy.

Mahalo.
Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator
Today, Wally's restored my faith in human nature. I took my car in last week for minor service. Don't drive much but over the course of the last week I've been smelling gasoline. Took it back in today to find the problem. He called and told me that his trainee had screwed up my oil change. Big mess but he cleaned it up and tightened everything down properly. No harm done. I SO appreciated his honesty as he could have easily lied to me and I never would have known. I've always liked going there but today he made a customer for life.
Certainty will be the death of us.
He's a gem in a sea of ripoffs.
Another guy for Wally's. They are great, and his Dad drives a sprint car!
I like Wally and he does my annual inspections. Oil changes maybe. But, they are really a body shop, and some mechanical repairs, he may not want to get into. That's fine, as, like I said, it's a body shop. He's a nice gent, and I've met his dad too.

Jon in Keaau/HPP
Jon in Keaau/HPP
Yes, Wally is a body shop and does limited mechanical repairs. He will, however, recommend someone good if he can't do the work himself, and those referrals have always been honest, competent mechanics in my experience.
Oh, and he does have the equipment to do front end alignments too.

Jon in Keaau/HPP
Jon in Keaau/HPP
Wallys shop IS a full service shop, they do it all, brakes,front ends, oil, trans etx, no tires tho, he has such abilities with cars and trucks do to his frame work, his son and worker do most the work. Extremely competent.
Aloha

HPP

HPP